Selling properties for the 1st time-please help

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by L3ha7, 3rd Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

this is what i'll do too.. if they give away their own money easily, they will give away your money (your house prices) easier..

after shortlisting the agents, i would also go to their opens to see what they do in the opens, i found some "top" agents, after listing the property they are no where to be seen, leaving their assistance/pa to do all the work. they just list and move on to the next vendor.. so basically our pay top agent comms while a pa do all the work..

L3ha7 likes this.
  2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

I would look for who has the most signs up in the area and give then a call and catch up for a chat as well as an appraisal at the same time.

The top 3 should be enough to gauge a decision imo.

L3ha7 likes this.
  3. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thank you @Paul@PFI, very good tops , I be taking them on board.

4. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Colin Rice , I have done that and also looking at the sales record combining with some reference.

Colin Rice likes this.
  5. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

@KinG3o0o thanks for that , honestly I didn't think about attending the open home but very good idea.

6. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

So I have met 4 RE agents (actually 5 but I disqualified 1 earlier).

1. She has sold the recent townhouse in my street(1 of the highest sales on townhouse) and gave me a very good attractive sales price (fyi:I didn't think my property could get that orice well I am not a subject matter expert of RE)

2.Came via RE.com when I was looking for agents, he is working with his dad in the industry ,not bad, but not what I want.

3 and 4 both gave very realistic appraisal and spoke what I wanted to hear along the lines of selling strategies, price point, marketing campaign. Of orse they have different opinion on change the carpet vs leave the carpet or paint/do some touch-up etc. Commissing is pretty much same (small difference). Only thing is #3 came with a very good reference (one of my close and his friends have sold properties).

So what else I can do to get a clear winner from 3 and 4.

I must point out -I didn't contact #4 , I contacted someone else in the agency and he sent thia guy as they work together.

7. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Do you think, it is worth meeting 3 and 4 again but in the hindsight I have actually asked everything so what can I ask more.

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Look at each agents local sales in the last 6 months. Do you think they achieved solid or great prices for those sales?

Last edited: 8th Apr, 2018
  9. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Good idea, thanks @Gockie

10. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Just when I thought I am gonna go with #3 , #1 comes in picture

I am having trouble deciding who to select as an RE agent for selling.

#1: is very confident to set a new record with my property as she has sold the recent property quite high and she is talking about the attractiveness of my property among buters on her list who missed her orher properties.

#3 comes across as he knows what he is doing and have realistic price point and also saying he will try to get the highest and only other postive is the reference he comes with......

So in nutshell #1 has potential buyer waiting to buy (that's what I have been hearing).

Could soneone advise is it possible to mot sign an agency agreement with RE agent and give them the opportunity to show to their buyers before even we advertise or it is not possible?????

(Contract of sale be ready)

11. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Sales agents will always use the "we have buyers waiting who missed out" line to try to get business, its not a huge selling point as they all have a buyers list. Go with the one who is the most capable sales agent

kierank and Jacque like this.
  12. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks @DaveM , Your above paragraph made me think if #1 has buyers waiting to buy who missed on the last one will also be checking domain,RE or any other site for more/similar properties hence if I believe #3 is more capable and giving better service then I should go with him.

13. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Correct, any buyer in the market will be all over the listings online.

If the agent said "I have a buyer who is really after a house like yours they missed out on another house I sold last week and they are ready to buy" then thats different to "we have a list of potential buyers we will email it to"

14. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

In this case she is saying, she has buyers who are looking for aomething like this and missed on the last 2 she has sold and she has showed them another one which they like but the area has alot of housing so they are still in market.

What makes me wonder is how come they missed the 2 of the properties and they are eager to buy !!

Last edited: 8th Apr, 2018
  15. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Probably cant afford to pay the asking price, I wouldnt let this supposed person sway your decision

L3ha7 likes this.
  16. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Just on a different note:- I have been dealing with property managers, RE sales agents for long time during the buying and property management process.

In my recent experience in relation to sale of our 2 properties, I have realised RE agents are giving me the same info (that I know)about property, area etc and some even have the same selling techniques about what I have read aboit or seen and when it comes to property management I got better quotes and in required timeframe (even for the interstate property)

I say this with humble respect that I think I be good at it-I know there are courses involved and hell alot to learn about Law and policies.

But is there anyone who quit their job and become RE Agent (Sales or Property Managers) and are they happy , did they make it !!!

Perhaps I should start another thread because I am kinda considering it.