Selling privately... Costs?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by SirDingo, 15th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SirDingo

SirDingo Well-Known Member

If you decide not to use an agent to sell, what are the costs involved? (Adelaide property)

Cheers

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

you can advertise for free on many sites like gumtree, there are costs for preparing a form 1 and council searches and convayancing costs when you have negotiated a seller. Budget about $1000

A couple hundred dollars if you want a sign board.

I have a friend in Adelaide who provides the guidance to help people sell privately, let me know if you want her details.

SirDingo likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Your soul!!!! Bawhahahaha! :confused:

4. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

I'm selling at the moment. I seriously looked at selling myself (had a thread asking similar questions).

Some of the big websites won't allow private advertisers. Allhomes.com.au will. The cost varies greatly depending on suburb. My suburb it was going to cost $1600. A friend who lives in a regional area it was going to cost $500.

Don't know if you still can, but you used to e able to go through forsaleforlease.com.au which would get you on realestate.com.au

Not sure of the rules where you are selling, but mine i needed a contract of sale up front. My solicitor allowed me to delay payment until settlement. It was about $600 just for the contract, This would vary between locations.

In the end I went with an agent, who charged a marketing fee of $1700 which included main websites, professional photos, 2m high photo signboard.

Agent is charging 1.65%.

Here is the link to the thread I started. @Coota9 posted a link to a fantastic article, highly recommend.
    Selling without an agent

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2016
    SirDingo, D.T. and Bentley like this.
  5. SirDingo

SirDingo Well-Known Member

Are there any government fees for the seller for transfer of title, or is that bourne by the buyer?