Selling aroun Easter Time

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Closet, 23rd Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

I'm just about to sell one of my melbourne IP's and was thinking about deferring the sale until after Easter to avoid a potentially slow period and increased competition due to slow turnover. The market is hot where I am selling in the West...

Interested in peoples perspective and experiences?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If you haven't spoken to an agent yet, you wouldn't have it ready before Easter anyway. Get the ball rolling now though. Look to get a contract drawn up, engage an agent*, clean the place up (styled even), get the photos and marketing in place....

*some you don't have to do, eg. You can try to sell it yourself, but that is not necessarily recommended.

All in all, Easter's only a week away. You won't have it ready in time to launch on the market before Easter.

Last edited: 23rd Mar, 2018
  3. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

If the market is hot now why wait? People probably have more time to look at houses at Easter anyway.

4. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response - the agent and section 32 are already engaged and the property ready to hit the market, however my reservation is more about timing and whether to wait a couple of weeks. One view is that the first couple of weeks can be the most important to get max dollars...easter and holidays may result in less buyers / competition, a temporary glut of houses and a lower price....

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Who is running the show ? why pay an agent if your going to be calling the shots, what do they say ?

Besides, if it is hot, I would do it as soon as ready, if it does not sell at Easter, what have you lost

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Don’t overthink it. Easter only lasts 4 days. Anyone looking to buy will not be put off making an offer.

bob shovel likes this.