Search tools?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by spludgey, 22nd Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

While I really like this forum and generally find it easy to use, one thing that has been bugging me is the apparent lack of search tools. What if I want to search in a certain forum, individual posts rather than threads and want to search by post date, I just can't (figure out how to) do it!

Is there a reason for this omission?

Perhaps there's a thread about this already. I would have searched for it, but given the lack of search tools, it would have been too difficult! ;)

2. Kent Cliffe

Kent Cliffe Well-Known Member

spludgey likes this.
  3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The Google search is good for searching sitewide, but no good for searching a specific thread.

The search tool has a "more" button, which allows a more targeted search. The "Search threads and posts" tab gives a few more options.

There are two issues with the searches:
    1. If I do a simple search, and then realise I want the "more" option, the original search term doesn't carry into the detailed search screen.
    2. If I want to search within a thread, I don't have the option to order replies by date rather than relevance.

spludgey likes this.
  4. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Doh! Seems it was mainly a user error, or a google autocomplete error! This is what I see when I use the search:
    upload_2020-9-22_13-6-33.png