Sean Summerville - The property king AKA Fortunes in Forclosures

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Brendan, 5th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Hi guys

Just saw this guy Sean Summerville's 2.5 day bootcamp seminar advertised for only $375, so obviously cheap as chips, but just wondered if there is any feedback as to whether this is actually worthwhile? I am happy to pay good money for anything that will actually help me buy well below market valuation and/or no money down EG: bank repossessions, Dept Public Trustee & Guardian for deaths and divorces etc.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Brendan :)

2. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

You missed your top button.

datto, qak, CU@THETOP and 7 others like this.
  3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Must be american? Bank repossessions here get sold for market value. You could find an owner in distress and make an offer, but most would want market value. I doubt you would find someone willing to sell way under market value - perhaps 10% under if you were lucky.

Elives likes this.
  4. Patamea

Patamea Well-Known Member

Brendan do you work with Zaki Ameer?

ellejay and gty12 like this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

How can someone answer a question about an education program - any education program being worthwhile? Is it worthwhile for you?

I'm making schnitzels for my kids tomorrow - do people think it's worthwhile? Come on!

If it suits your investment and business strategy - do it! what everyone else thinks does not matter.

6. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

If I was to throw away an amount on RE education, I guess $375 isn't that much.
    Leave your wallet at home or it could become a really expensive lesson.

8. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Azazel pal, I thought you were sharper than this...

I started a thread recently looking for online marketing ideas, maybe I should get old mate Brendan to help me?

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Of course I am, but some people just feel the need to give money away.

10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Post of the day!!!! I cant stop laughing

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Flip... I'm a bit slow, I only just got it.

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

13. meeb

meeb New Member

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had anything to do with Sean Summerville recently. I was in contact with him early in 2018, and as from July 2018 he seems to have disappeared. I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

Lyndi likes this.
  14. AnnieM

AnnieM Member

I have just joined this forum as I was looking for information on Sean Summerville, as you have been. My son last had a text from him in September 2018 where he said he was very ill and not allowed to talk etc. Said he would call but has not even though my son texted back several times. Very frustrating.

Lyndi likes this.
  15. David Hayston

David Hayston New Member

I am in the same situation, I last spoke to Sean in April 2018 and then heard nothing for months, and then found out he was very ill. I received another text from Sean in October saying he will call but never did. I have sent numerous texts without reply, it is very frustrating.

Lyndi likes this.
  16. meeb

meeb New Member

Hi David. I am very sorry to hear you are in the same situation. Sean Summerville's activities with his students and investors are not legitimate. He may have started off legitimate with large groups of students at the beginning, but over the years he has changed. He has opted to be with smaller groups of people, so that he can be more successful at extracting money from them.
    The last communication from him to me (via text) was Sept 2018. I know of two other people in the same situation as you. One of them being AnnieM's son, who you responded to in this thread. I am sure there are a lot more people who has been affected.
    I suggest you report to the authorities about Sean Summerville, i.e. ASIC and your state's fair trading organisation.
    I'll get in touch with you so we can share our experiences.

Last edited by a moderator: 12th Jan, 2020
    PJA and Lyndi like this.
  17. gty12

gty12 Well-Known Member

Just to summarise this thread for anyone missing the plot:
    Brendan's (the guy who started the thread) photo, which I have conveniently screengrabbed here in case he changes it, shows himself and a man called Zaki Ameer.

Zaki Ameer runs a buyer's agent company called Dream Design Property.
    A man called Brendan James used to work for Zaki and looks suspiciously like the Brendan in the photo.

The 'used to' being the keywords, and there is an insinuation that perhaps Brendan is now working in some capacity to help Sean Summerville by creating this thread (astroturfing if you will to create awareness), or the other insinuation is that perhaps the thread was started specifically to disrepute Sean Summerville.

Zaki Ameer and Brendan James have a long write up in a Whirlpool forum post which descends into users comparing progress on their Sheriff/Fair Trading NSW claims against the company they were a part of (to summarise they supposedly aren't very nice nor honest people).
    Dream Design Property - Investing - Finance

As for Sean Summervillle, he copped a lot of flak in the old PropertyChat forums known as Somersoft in this thread:
    Sean Summerville The Property King
    Although there was much argument over whether it was warranted (Sean was replying back himself to the questions), the key point seemed to be that he was spending too much time advertising in his replies and too little giving substance.

Not all reviews of Sean were negative though.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      14.5 KB
      Views:
    Lyndi and MavOne like this.
  18. Lyndi

Lyndi Member

Update:
    In 2011 he purchased my home (distressed property).
    I then loaned him $165k of my marriage settlement funds, to fund him into the house. It was an agreed 3 year term.

His wife didn't know about our arrangement, and I was asked to keep it quiet.

While dribs and drabs came back. Since 2015, I have requested repayment of debt ongoing with no result.

I'm $100k + out of pocket, while Sean drives a Porsche, lives in a house valued at $780k minimum and the kids attend private school.

There are multiple people all chasing Sean for money. Who now claims poor health, so cannot appear in court. Diagnosis of bi- polar is no excuse Sean!

The property he purchased off me for $440k payout, is now valued at $780k minimum.
    There is a cavaet on the property by someone else.

I am out $165k which was all proceedings from marriage settlement, which ended in a DVO.

As a single mum, I trusted Sean, he always promised to do right by me.

He's now un contactable, disconnected his phone, shut down all websites and will soon apply for bankruptcy after remortgage of the property last year...

So he has taken a lot of money from me.

I've suffered years over this and am hoping to see him repay some of his debt if not all.

AnnieM, Beano and PJA like this.
  19. Lyndi

Lyndi Member

What is your current outcome?
    I'm chasing $100k from 2011 loan...

20. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

White collar crime that isnt fraud. :mad: Legal advice would likely have noted some concerns and addressed many issues. Some prey on the vulnerable. He basically borrowed money from you and you gave him title...He didnt actually assist you financially in any way. Even a lender of last resort lender will use a mortgage and exercise rights if the loan terms arent met. You cant exercise any rights as you handed title over.

Good financial counselling at the time may have negotiated a sale with lender cooperation to address the distress and left you $165K better off.

Have you explored rights to a caveat yourself ?

Lyndi likes this.