VIC Seagrove Estate, Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alicudi, 1st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi Lexi, where did you receive the update from? Can I have a copy of the update?

Was there any mention of the Final Release?

2. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

My conveyancer (GOODMAN GROUP) is very proactive and is talking directly to the developer’s representatives. That’s where the update came from. Stage 14 hasn’t been titled yet either. So, it looks like a few of us are going to be running close to our sunset clauses. Our real estate agent hasn’t had any issues with sunset clauses yet, which is good news. And it is only an option in the contract, so the vendor can opt not to apply it just like we can.

My mobile is 0409793531 just in case anyone is also in the same boat and wants to maybe combine to get amendments done for security.

3. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

Recent Law changes to sunset clauses was back dated to 23 Aug 2018, but most our contracts were before this date.

4. Faye Thiele

Faye Thiele Well-Known Member

Hi Lexi, thanks for the update. I was told that there was a problem with NBN several months ago which held up progress for a few months along with problems with the roundabout. Do you know what the problem is now?. I am very aware of the ‘sunset clause’ and have raised the question many times with my real estate agent. He has indicated that he doesn’t believe that the developer would do that,however it is in the contract which is of concern.

5. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

My conveyancer is requesting a more detailed time line and settlement expectation. I’ll pass on anything I receive.

On solicitor advice we are going to sit on it rather than be proactive about it. While the clause is there, there have been some precedents set in NSW where the judge has ruled in favour of the purchaser as the intent of the clause wasn’t developed to rescind contracts to resell at the higher price. With this in mind, and being a developer with multiple land releases, it’s seems unlikely but still possible.

If they did rescind the contracts, we can go to litigation, which would be better done as a class action. So, we have decided to sit on it until January.

My real estate agent isn’t aware of any other of these contracts going over the sunset date clauses nor any issues with the developer. But, it may be worth asking your agents to see if any have. It would give us an idea of the developer’s intent.

I’ve looked up the date on NBN in our area. Most streets have been installed now, except a few. Ours is expected to be complete next week. But, this could have held up other works.

Visited the area last week and there was one tractor working on Wallaby Grove. Gravel down, but no road as yet. Some surrounding roads have been sealed.

Get Outlook for iOS

6. alicudi

Hi Lexi,

Thanks for your update. History indicates that the developers intent is to settle on all the existing contracts as soon as possible. David & Keith Jobe have no ulterior motive with Seagrove Estate and yes if they did rescind our contracts the profit would be a big difference for the developer but they have never done this in the past.

Regarding issues with the developer, it may be best to ask the locals on the island and see what they have to say about the Jobe family, my experience with them has been very positive as they allowed me to transfer my holding deposit on the first block of land I was dealing with them on to lot 670.

Don't lose any sleep on this one but also feel free to contact David Jobe directly as I have also done in the past for updates. I have never received an update from my conveyancer.

7. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

Thanks for the positive update Alicudi. I don’t believe there have been any issues with the developers in the past nor at Cowes from what I’ve heard or researched. Hopefully, if they do go over, the clause isn’t activated!

alicudi likes this.
  8. Rodeoklown540

Rodeoklown540 Member

it reflects extremely poorly on the developer if they did this and would affect their future endeavours. I’m in stage 14 which they’re now saying is titling December, but been delayed so many times it’s hard to believe any date they give. It does look close though.

9. alicudi

Hi all,

I just spoke to David Jobe the developer for an update on lot 670 in the final release of Seagrove estate. He tells me they have had a lot of delays but they now have curbs, drainage, sewerage, and cabling all getting done. Asphalt hasn't been done yet to lot 670 but they expect all of these works to be completed by the end of this year.

He said for my lot, titles won't happen this year BUT will definitely be happening in the new year.

10. Faye Thiele

Hi alicudi, thanks for the update. I have someone going to talk to the site manager to get a clearer picture hopefully ‘from the horse’s mouth’. So I should have some more info after Thursday.

alicudi likes this.
  11. alicudi

The following in red colour is an update I just received from the selling agent of lot 670 Seagrove estate, it applies to the Kookaburra and Curlew release only:

We would like to update you on the progress of your Seagrove lot.
    Civil works are expected to be complete mid - November.
    Titles anticipated in January.

Rodeoklown540 likes this.
  12. Rodeoklown540

Rodeoklown540 Member

I’m in curlew and just received this an hour ago...

We would like to update you on the progress of your Seagrove lot.

Civil works expected to be complete in two weeks.

Titles are anticipated in December.

alicudi likes this.
  13. Faye Thiele

905FBF6C-4D2F-42E8-93FB-9105A67CB9D6.png 905FBF6C-4D2F-42E8-93FB-9105A67CB9D6.png
    Hi Alicudi, my builder went to my block Lot 635 yesterday and had this to report: (I have done a screen shot so I hope it comes through, if not would you please let me know?)

14. alicudi

Hello Faye Thiele,

Your screenshot has come through and the updated information is great to see.

Kind regards,

alicudi

15. Faye Thiele

Great to be of help. It is re-assuring to get feedback such as this. Regards Faye

alicudi likes this.
  16. alicudi

Hi all,

Update I just received for lot 670 in the Final Release of Seagrove:

"We would like to update you on the progress of your Seagrove lot.
    Unfortunately due to further delays with completion of contruction, issuing of titles is now expected in February 2020.
    If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact our office and we thank you for your patience"

17. Faye Thiele

Hi alicudi, thanks for putting this up. Can you tell me who sent you this update?

18. alicudi

Joshua Dunstan from OBrien Real Estate Judith Wright

19. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

Thanks for the update. No updates here yet. I’ll post one if I receive anything.

20. Faye Thiele

OK thanks, Josh DunstanStockdale is my agent as well and I have just got a message from him.
    Regards Faye