VIC Seagrove Estate, Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alicudi, 1st Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

It went through yesterday, but after another delay. Not sure what went on, but thankfully all good now! Has everyone finalised their settlements now? Anyone visited their block? Not sure of the rules.

2. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Congratulations, no we haven’t yet.

3. Faye Thiele

Faye Thiele Well-Known Member

Hi Lexi, nice to meet you. Did you manage to find out who was doing the mowing at Seagrove? I’m glad that I am so close to my land so I can keep an eye on my build when it starts.

4. Faye Thiele

Hi there Polly, year my land settled last Thursday, 23rd. I now have to submit my adjustments to plans and do facade colours and get the ball rolling. I am building with Aspire.

Polly likes this.
  5. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

We have just sent back our colour selection & electrical paperwork signed to Metricon, next our build contract hopefully start build in a couple of months

6. Faye Thiele

I am today finalising external colours and final adjustments to plan.
    What lot no are you again? Also I am renting a house at Seagrove so I am very close to my black in Wallaby. I also had the pleasure of meeting Lexi on Sunday. She was visiting/mowing their block in Wallaby. Does anyone know who I can get to mow my land for me?

7. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

It was nice to meet you Faye. I haven’t found out whose doing the mowing, but I’m keen to find someone. I might post on the PI Facebook group. I’ve already had fencing and rubble dumped on our block, and also machinery ripping up the ground so I’m keen to keep it looking maintained to discourage this.

8. Faye Thiele

Oh gosh when did this happen? Your block looks good today when I went past.

9. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

9E81AD03-1A4E-4A6B-8FF0-9AAC253E34FC.jpeg 31C573AA-5BB5-4868-A084-3F51E243C5A5.jpeg
    I’m it was like it when we first arrived to cut the grass. Glad it’s looking ok today. We spoke to Metricon as the temporary fencing dumped was the same as they use and they said they’d get someone out Monday to take a look. Someone also dumped building rubble - some on our block but mostly on our neighbours (builder’s Block I think). Hopefully, it’s been cleared by now if it was Metricon (Block behind us is Metricon and the fencing was on their block last visit).

10. Faye Thiele

Glad that has been resolved. I will chase around and try and find someone who can cut my grass. I will let you know if I have any luck.

Polly likes this.
  11. Rodeoklown540

Rodeoklown540 Member

Hi, did you end up finding anyone to mow it? We’re supposed to start our build end of next week but need it mowed first, it’s almost thigh deep lol not sure who would tackle that

12. Rodeoklown540

Rodeoklown540 Member

Just got my block mowed. The guy did it same day and was $80 cheaper than 2 other quotes I got

Attached Files:

13. Cross

Cross Member

Hey Gang,

Took a few photos on a walk we did while on our last visit to our build on Wednesday night, haven't been there for 3 weeks.

Looks like there are a few blocks of land for sale, a couple have had site scrapes and a few will need a good lawn mowing.

I haven't been able to find a Seagrove Estate group page on Facebook, there was one for Shoalhaven.

Anyway best of luck
    20200506_170035.jpg 20200506_165908.jpg 20200506_165226.jpg 20200506_164840.jpg

14. Faye Thiele

Hi I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you but with me shifting into my rental house at Seagrove it slipped:my mind. What did you pay to have your block mown. Who did it? I have just met the man who mows the rental property and getting a price from him tomorrow. Did you have a ride on or ordinary mower? TIA

15. Faye Thiele

Ok got it. Jason from Jason’s mowing. Thanks for that. I have submitted my plans for drafting so hopefully next month will get the ball rolling. Lets hope we have some good weather!

16. Faye Thiele

17. Faye Thiele

Hi there who organises a group?

18. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Has anyone had their soil test results back yet & if so what was the result?
    S
    M
    H
    E
    P
    Class ?

19. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

Hi neighbours! We went down to mow our block on the weekend. It’s all looking good! No more dumping thankfully! We did notice a new fence that had all its posts cut and lying on the ground in Wallaby Grove (high side). Hopefully, all is ok!

Thanks for the mowing info—we’ll get in touch.

Polly - we haven’t had our soil tested yet! Have you got your results yet?

Cheers from 16 Wallaby Grove :)

Polly and alicudi like this.
  20. Polly

Polly Well-Known Member

Hi Lexi,
    We went down a couple of weeks ago & saw that land with the new fences up? And the block was for sale too, has someone pulled it down. Lots of houses going up too. Yes we got our soil test back it’s P not the best soil but apparently all the blocks are a P.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.