Seaford VIC

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ATANG, 23rd Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

How do you rate the area? What streets are better?

How does the suburb rank comparing to adjacent ones like Frankston?

How long does it take to catch a train to cbd?

2. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Used to be around 40 MInutes, to Flinders St and you could always get a seat!:)
    Its a smaller suburb, some parts 'they' pretend are Seaford but are actually Frankston North..
    Easy beach access = Good Streets! Look at School catchments Map?
    I hope this helps

3. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

A
    Are there good schools around?

4. Jeffb

Jeffb Well-Known Member

Iā€™d aim for area in between the Frankston Freeway and the beach. Or potentially close to the footbridge that gets you across with good beach access. Seaford beach near the pier is one of the cleaner beaches around the area, and nowhere near as busy on a nice day as surrounding beaches. The wetlands are also great for walking / running, Can do about 10km on paths without crossing a road or going over the same area.

Train to Flinders takes 62 minutes, or 52 for express, however all expresses are not running again until next June.

Surrounding suburbs to the north are good, Patterson Lakes has houses up to $5mil plus, and Carrum is substantially better than it was 10, even 5 years ago.

Developable blocks are selling for decent prices, but I think there is much more scope to increase, particularly with the prices Frankston is getting, and that is further from the CBD.

bythebay likes this.
  5. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@ATANG u looking for a ppor? Grammar schools are in mt Eliza and Mentone

6. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Now i am shortlisting a few and they mainly in seaford/ frankston area as well as bayswater, kilsyth, boronia area. Which are do u guys prefer considering same price range?

7. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Beachside is my preferred personally

8. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Well-Known Member

Suburb has a lot of potential. The Frankston Council were idiots to extend the lease of the cabin park there. I think the only people who wanted it to stay were the ferals living there. Need to get this council elected out. Why should they be entitled to cheap rent in such a good location? Lots of other places they can relocate to.

9. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Seaford caught the tail end of this current upward swing, I think the next cycle will see Seaford on the map. The prices moved very fast in the last 8 months due to buyers who were looking in the suburbs closer to the CBD bringing larger amounts of money into the area. (they could buy more for their money and were tired of missing out further north). But the area is still affordable compared with the suburbs north along the bay.

There are about 5 primary schools in the area, no secondary schools within the suburb. Students have to travel to a nearby suburb. (border of carrum/seaford, patterson lakes.....)

Travel by train is almost an hour - 2 train stations.

There are quite a few different pockets in Seaford, you need to be aware of this so you do not overpay in a lower priced pocket.

Travel via east link and the Mornington peninsula link is very convenient. Nearby Franskton has Bayside shopping center, hospitals, Tafe, Uni, homemaker center and the overall Frankston CBD area is being improved little by little with better retail and cafes moving into the area.

The recent relocation of South East Water has brought a lot of retail $$ to the area which is supporting local business.

Lots of new cafes opening up in Seaford and local suburbs.

sauber likes this.
  10. cdchi1

cdchi1 Well-Known Member

My nephew bought his first IP in Seaford early 2015. Huge corner block on Fortescue which I think is just two streets from the beach. Based on recent sales, looks like he got a bargain. And I think its appreciated quite strongly since. Also rented pretty much day one with no problems.

I really like the area, the beach is very nice, and the Frankston shopping area is only a short drive away. So thumbs up from me.

sauber likes this.