NSW Schofields NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jins13, 18th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I think Oakville will eventually be rezoned once the development in Box Hill approaches completion. There are no guarantees on timing. It could take 5, 10 or 20 years.

The older part of Rouse Hill near the Shell Service station started to be developed in the late-nineties. Construction started circa 2000 but the detailed planning and re-zoning would have changed several years before that,

You need to add to that, Box Hill being developed to the north of Windsor Road.

These areas are quite large. Currently "The Gables" and "Hills of Carmel". Both are large "Master Planned" areas being developed and built-out by large developers.

The Gables

The-Gables-Masterplan.png

The Hills of Carmel

Hills of Carmel.jpeg

One of the issues with the development of some parts of Kellyville and North Kellyville is the poor integration of developments. i.e. a patchwork of small parcels of land that don't connect together well, making roads a mess.

2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

+1

Yes, Box Hill will be the next 'The Ponds' and will have plenty of CG opportunities for right blocks and great builds.

3. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Very interesting to read this.

Considering Rouse Hill will become more of a hub for all these connecting "premium" suburbs, what would you think of annangrove/oakville as landbanking opportunities? It sounds like a good opportunity to score a few acres now.

My parents have always wanted multi-acre blocks and have missed the boat in schofields on south st (just before grange avenue) as well as in box hill, a sloping block that was set to get rezoned between mason & hynds road, that one shot from 1.4m $ back in 2014 to at least double today!

edit: the block on south st was 880k with an old run down shack back in '12, apparently there were fears about fracking.. so even after committing a deposit.

Edit 2: I find it funny that Blacktown (both the council and the CBD city) has been shafted by the NSW planning and development team. Considering that the north west is slowly building momentum as the premium side of Western Sydney, Blacktown and Parramatta are going to become significant hub locations, Parramatta won't shoulder everything alone.

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

I was at the Aldi the other day and it didn't seem to be ethnic at all. I have been to a few open homes there and they were ethnic but Aldi was complete opposite. May be it was people from other suburbs ? Dont know...

5. standtall

Most ethnic populations are around train stations and QH is no exception. ALDI is a bit far and mostly visited by people from The Ponds who don't like parking hassles at Stanhope gardens.

Quaker Hills is predominantly Indian dominated suburb (also due to a nearby Sikhh temple) and this doesn't necessarily make it good or bad.

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think its actually a positive since there's a population that actively will look to buy in the suburb. People want to be around similar people. So as long as that population is growing, more people will want to move in. More demand, prices push up....

7. standtall

well.. high suburb prices are driven up by prestige but ethnic populations drive out the premium buyer.

As I said in an earlier reply, Quaker Hill will generally move with Sydney average and not in line with nearby premium suburbs, some of those have tripled in value in last 6-7 years while Quaker Hills went up by 30-40%.

8. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

well... The Ponds is equally ethnic

+1

ethnic suburbs can be very complex. if only low capacity buyers move in there then prices tank

9. mpty

mpty Active Member

How are Schofields and surrounding areas going at the moment. There is land on sale @ $1300 near Schofields public school.

10. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

OK this is crazy but why would anyone want to buy an apartment at Schofields for:

KEW NORWEST Schofields, Schofields Road, Schofields, NSW 2762 - realestate.com.au

Kew Norwest | Urban living immersed in nature

2 Bedder: From 620K
    23-27 Schofields Road Schofields NSW 2762 - Apartment for Sale #123782670 - realestate.com.au

3 Bedder: From $735K
    23-27 Schofields Road Schofields NSW 2762 - Apartment for Sale #123782710 - realestate.com.au

There is no view, and it is miles away. Not to mention a 4 bedroom house is slightly more expensive than an apartment? Not that I am complaining though.

The only thing I can think of is that people cannot get H&L loans (i.e. construction loans).

11. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

This was probably the place we buy chicken manure to fertilize our veggies when I was still a farm boy :p

12. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Agreed. Don't understand that pricing.
    Colleague has just secured a H&L package (2 story 4 bedroom home) 600m walk from Schofield station for $700k.

13. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

The newer apartments in westmead are almost at the same price.
    (Not comparing the specs) Why would someone want to pay the same amount 20 kms further?
    Insane. Wonder how much time the seller will take for sales.

Regards

14. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Just got this email from Stockland below. I can't complain that. Helps valuation of my new 3 bedroom house bought a few years ago ......

______________________________________________:

Hello Kamchatsky,

We are excited to announce the upcoming release of Sana, Altrove's premium townhome release in Schofields.

The selection of 21 park side, 3 bedroom townhomes and 5 single bedroom studios have a distinctive, elegant character, combining open plan living with beautiful, functional design.
    • 3 bedroom townhomes from $795,000* and 1 bedroom studios from $435,000*
    • Designed by Group GSA Architects
    • Timber-look detailing, modern lines, intelligent open plan interiors and the choice of two colour schemes
    • All master bedrooms include walk-in-wardrobes with premium inclusions as standard.
    At Sana, you can enjoy the benefits of a master-planned community, overlooking approximately 1.6 hectares of sweeping green space.
    • Short walk to Schofields Train Station
    • Breathtaking views towards the Blue Mountains
    • Spacious playgrounds, footpaths and cycle ways
    • Pop down to the local shopping centre for a meal at the cafe, or pick up necessities at nearby Woolworths
    • Short distance to all of the lifestyle offerings at The New Rouse Hill shopping centre.
    Register your interest today

If you have any questions please call us on 13 52 63 or email the team.

Kind Regards,

Sana Altrove Stockland Sales Professional

Ideacrash likes this.
  15. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    A looooooooong way out . Hope the drivers seat in your car is very very comfy :)

16. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

If I have $700k to play with and was using it to buy a PPOR, so many other choice to choose from than Schofields.

17. standtall

Kenthurst and Annangrove are further out than Box Hill yet people pay upwards of $3 mill to live there.

It all depends on individual objectives and some people don't mind a bit of commute in return for lifestyle.

Box Hill is on the better side of Windsor road and just 10 min drive to prestigious Hill Grammar private school (mighty expensive though) if you have kids education on the list.

18. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    You may well be right, but its still a very looooong way out.

I would also point out that if you are going to use Kenthurst or Annangrove as a comparison, remember that people pay 3 Million + to be on acreage, not 500-700M2 lots like are being sold in Box Hill.

They also pay to build custom 1.5 - 2 Million + Young Homes, Gremmo Homes etc...not 400-500K Clarendon or AV Jennings homes.

This is not what is going to be built in Box Hill......

9 Lawrence Road, Kenthurst NSW 2156 - House For Sale - 2013421169

6 Sedger Road, Kenthurst NSW 2156 - House For Sale - 2012667676

2 Aston Road, Kenthurst NSW 2156 - House For Sale - 2013138003

This is...

New Home Designs & House Plans NSW | Clarendon Homes

AVJennings - House and Land Packages | New South Wales | AVJennings

Allworth Homes | Master Built Quality & Value Since 1978

If they ever get the M7 orbital to extend to the area, it will end up being a reasonable commute, but it will be horrible until that happens. Already is, and that's before thousands more cars hit the roads as all the Rouse Hill apartments settle later this year... and before the Box Hill construction starts...

19. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

I have friends and family living in Quakers hill and I regularly visit the area. I wouldn't say its a predominantly Indian dominated suburb but you do have Indians living here. I would say 30% are Indians, 10% Chinese(coming in now) and rest are locals. When my sister was sick last month, I also dropped her kids to the school and I noticed a good mix of ethnicities

Its an well established family suburb with 5 schools and a high school, fast trains to the city, well connected buses throughout the suburbs and most importantly big blocks of land still available. My friends advised that they are lot of people looking here due to the price range and big blocks(550+) availability when compared to neighboring suburbs like ponds, Schofields(300 to 450)

Loverenting likes this.
  20. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

Demand for the Schofields - Quakers Hill area will probably pick up when the Government gets itself formally committed to westward extension of the NWRL.