Schedule forum profiles

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by spludgey, 17th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

While I personally would find this feature useful, I'm not all that confident that enough people will to get it implemented, but I thought I'd ask the question anyway.

Would it be possible to have a schedule to change the forum profiles based on time and day of the week?

I use different computers at different times of the day and like one profile for the laptop and one profile for the desktop.

Alternatively, it could (potentially, I don't know if that's possible) be stored in the browser cache and revert to that or be IP based.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Why would you need to change forum profile?

If you are specifically talking about using a different theme on each device, I can understand that, not sure how best to implement it though.

I was hoping that the theme chooser would work in the same way it did on Somersoft where you could choose your default theme in your profile settings, but then if you used the theme chooser, it just set a cookie for that particular browser and didn't over-write the default settings in use on all other browsers. In theory you could then have a different theme on desktop, laptop, phone, tablet.

Unfortunately the theme chooser here is too smart and actually updates your profile default setting when you swap to a new theme.

3. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Sorry, yes, "Style Chooser" (or theme chooser) as it's called on here is what I meant.
    Thanks, for your response anyway, even if it's not possible.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.