[scam or safe] how to get passive income [lengthy]

Discussion in 'Development' started by Arashi87, 24th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Safe or scam?

1. Safe

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Scam

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This

The fact that he won't give you more information without a seminar rings huge bells. It's OK to run a Business providing a service to investors/developers........BUT I smell an expensive seminar designed to relieve the punters (that's you) of their hard earned, then more large costs later if you decided to use their services.

Bran and ej89 like this.
  2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

What he's describing is something that is not unreasonable , except ...

If I wanted to do it l I'd just go out and do it .

That's just my opinion .

Cliff

Bran, Arashi87 and ej89 like this.
  3. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if it's a scam or not. If you're asking the question you're obviously not comfortable with them. Move on and find someone who you are comfortable with if this is the road you want to go down.

Personally, I wouldn't be employing someone with such low levels of English. It might be his second language, but if it's a professional email and a professional communication you go to the effort to have it proof read before sending out something like that.

Arashi87 likes this.
  4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Two further issues

The most important issue with due diligence in this situation is the person running it . If this person had a proven track record of delivering , fine but an unknown newbie ......

My other issue is that developments are not all that they cracked up to be . Fine , they can be successful but I know two bankruptcies caused by developments that didn't work out . It's hard enough getting them to work , but if you have another layer of involvement and profit taking , it makes it harder to get the stars to align especially if they don't have a proven track record ( and I'm not just talking about them doing it for them selves )

It might be an opportunity , but it may not be ....

I didn't vote

Cliff

Arashi87 and Bran like this.
  5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

I only read snippets because im illiterate

BUT

2 or 3 dwellings max on average blocks in this area.
    location is good but norlane is a high investor area less oo
    lets say 3 dwellings is possible. It would have to be a corner block and/or block size of say 850sqm plus

210kplus 200kx3 construction plus permits plus council stuff plus extras you are in 270k per dwelling.

Absolutely zero roi on the project and then relying on cg for ten years!

You might as well keep the block and hold on to it and sell it with permits down the track for slightly better returns

Arashi87, 158 and See Change like this.
  6. Arashi87

Arashi87 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the inputs guys

7. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

All this guy is doing is selling knowledge ( presumably via a seminar that you pay for ). Not necessarily a scam. It's only a scam if the product itself or the information he is selling is dodgy.

Lengthy sales letters / e-mails are a common method of marketing information.

Some people ( most people here ) have the wherewithal to work out how to do something themselves by extracting knowledge / experience from other like-minded people.

Others happily pay for the same kind of advice.

8. bez23

bez23 Well-Known Member

The strategy is not terrible. Unlike some of the more experience people here, the general population are not savvy investor /developers and require help. It make sense for businesses to earn some income if they are experience and have the knowledge to do so.

That said, educate yourself and do your due diligence before committing to anything. Feel free to come back here with the fee structure etc so we can scrutinize it.

9. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    The question I am asking myself is: with such an awesome strategy, why does he need to be selling seminars? Surely, the best way to profit would be for him to go an apply his own principles rather than waste his time sending lengthy emails.

Just does not make sense, think about it: if you had found a great method to make money through developments building passive income, why would you need to go an sell seminars to others? In fact you would probably keep quiet about it all, rather than spread the word about your techniques and strategies. And I don't buy for an instant the whole "I want to give back and educate others" argument, should that be the "reason" behind such altruism.

Excalibur1 likes this.
  10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Obviously its not all black and white

But if i knew how to get any share at 10% off or i could predict one of the lotto numbers everytime

Do you think id tell you!!!

11. htopg

htopg Well-Known Member

According to Robert Kiyosaki's cashflow quardrants,
    Seminar = business owner
    Apply own principles = investor

There are so many development opportunities out there and this guy cannot get them all.
    Why not sell the knowledge to get some $$$?
    Seminar/service is less risky than actually committing the $$$ to do development.

What he really means by "I want to give back and educate others" is "I want to give back and educate others and MAKE $$$$ along the way" :)

12. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    meh I don't buy it.
    Even if he could not get all the opportunities out there, he would be busy trying to grab as many as possible.

Maybe this isn't for me, but will suit others, however I have found in life you gotta do the hard yards yourself if you want to reap the rewards, no workaround.

13. srirang

srirang Well-Known Member

I think you need a "Maybe, but do your own DD" option.

The strategy sounds reasonable. But the intention and seminar makes me weary. I'd be asking what the seminar costs and how he makes money through this.

14. neK

neK Well-Known Member

The strategy outlined in the email sounds fine with me.

Have those who have said its dodgy actually read the content? Or just going by the fact that his English isn't the best and that its a sales pitch via an email as opposed to a video recording of him driving around in a Bentley?

The strategy outlined here sounds better than buying a positive geared property in Moree :)

It all comes down to what they want to charge, and what kind of random property they intend to flog off.

15. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I read the entire email word for word. I didn't buy it. Dodgy.

16. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Perthguy, what part of the strategy was dodgy?

17. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Yeah, anything sure fire like this can be scaled up, no ? If not, maybe its not the free kick suggested...

18. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the strategy. It just read like an email marketing seminars to me. That's what I thought was dodgy. Perhaps I misunderstood?

19. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

I didn't read the whole email. I don't like that he won't go into detail about the fees until you come attend the seminar. He has def provided value with what e has stated but..

Game is for you to attend the seminar be pumped up after it and they will give you a special deal that you cannot resist on the day and you pay some upfront fees. That could be one scenario

20. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Ahh is that what you are referring to. I do agree with you on that part.

However i think the strategy outlined isn't too bad and actually goes into a little more detail than the usual "buy this, depreciation, save tax, off the plan, negative gear, positive gear".

That little note about retire in 10 years does annoy me though... you know its seminar straight up. LOL

I think most spruiker's strategies do have an element of truth in it, the question is what they try to flog you at the end of it that determines whether its good or bad :)