"Satisfactory Inspectors Report" - satisfactory to who? (QLD)

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Spoony, 5th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

The standard QLD contract of sale has a spot to allocate B&P and a time frame to get this inspection done.

It doesn't seem to identify much more than the report should happen or be waived, and the seller should be notified in either case. The seller also can also request the report on termination of the contract.

The words 'on terms satisfactory to the buyer' are featured, so does this mean that the terms/outcome of the report need to satisfy the buyer? If not the buyer has a right to terminate?

It seems vague to me, it could be referencing the terms of the inspection date?

I've attached that section.

Attached Files:

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It this is the property in East Ipswich QLD you have a contract on and the age range of that property then they will find problems in various area's
    with the PB reports from old termite white ant damage maybe even within that range from the central business area 2011 flood damage...
    I looked at several within that small area,all were zoned right for futher development but all are in the flood zones,is this property outside the flood levels,and the costs with flood insurance..

Whitecat likes this.
  3. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

Yes it's post war and in that area. I expect it to turn up issues. I found many more more myself while he was inspecting in the 1.5hrs I had to examine vs the at the open house.

It's not flood affected, always the first thing to check. Google terrain has it at 5-6m above 74 levels, though more recently I checked using a state gov Earth kmz plug in, and it pegs it more like 2-3m above 74 levels.

The 1700m CBD proximity, 500m train etc etc draw me to it.

As per the first post in this thread, I just like to have my head around everything. Hence gaining understanding of the QLD contract with regards to B&P as it seems a bit ambiguous

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

The best way at this stage is employ someone from this site who understands the way contracts work and is highly experienced..
    A person who posts under the name RPI would be a person to contact-our Daughter is going through her first settlement with the company linked too that name and it's taken all the worry from me if any goes wrong,and my daughter is very happy with the way she has been treated..imho..

5. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

Agreed, Darryl has already assisted me on here, and I've since engaged the company you described also. I was planning to ring on Monday just to gather an understanding, but my impatient curiosity go the better of me hence my post. haha.

Glad to hear positive feed back on the service too.

6. Spoony

Spoony Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I've had my own B&P done (PPOR ages ago) but remember it being very detailed. The complete opposite to what I've received.

I've reviewed a few example reports on various (local) Inspection firms websites, it would appeal that I'm not expecting too much. Kicking myself for using a friends recommendation and not a PC recommendation.