NSW San Remo - Central Coast NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Azammo, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I'd agree

We do check up the Central coast every so often , though bypassed it when we bought a weekender in 2012 , going up to post Stephens instead .

Cliff

2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep.......

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

If you look at the history of the ripple effect on the Central Coast from Sydney seems to be that it lags 6-9 months behind Sydney.

When Sydney peaked in 2003, Central Coast did not peak until 2004. So even if Sydney stopped dead in its tracks today (and there is no sign that is happening right now), then we'd still be getting CG on the Coast until mid-next year in 2016.

The reason for the lag is the time it takes to market, sell and get funds from a Sydney sale, to looking and buying and then proceeding to settlement on a Central Coast purchase.

4. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

I think your right, i attended a open day last Saturday San Remo 3 bedroom fibro house was advertised at offers over 280k apparently had an offer of 400k said the agent.
    Over 50 people attended mostly young families .
    I really cant see it going higher than that in the future , i think its got as high as it can in that area.
    The area still has its rough type bogan elements and dont forget you need a car so that does a lot of older people out.
    Surrounding areas Charmhaven etc a few houses but agent said Sydney investors were offering ridicilous prices.Still need a car though

As for nearby Lake Haven I believe its still growing .Close to everything.no need for a car and great for older people as they can walk or get the shopping Community bus thats why i bought my IP there last week as oposed to San Remo where a car is needed.

Last edited: 7th Aug, 2015
  5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

What's your view on Budgewoi?

6. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

Similar to Swansea, Budgewoi is a seasonal destination spot, holiday makers and the like.

I consider it more of an opportunity market, fixer uppers/renos and the like for a potential capital gain. Possibly a good market for the right investor who is looking for cash flow in the form of extra rooms to rent, granny flat strategies on the right block etc, I believe sweat equity is required for anything in these areas.

I've known a few people who have lived there over the years, the demographics overview might interest some people looking into this area, it all really depends on what your strategy/plan is.

The above by the way is just my humble opinion and certainly not an accurate science.

:D:p

7. larrylarry

I like GFs.

8. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm not into them. I have a relative who has been doing them like crazy on the Coast.

Not in alignment with my strategy/plan so at the moment certainly not my thing.

If you do your due diligence up there you might find something that works for you.

9. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Budgewoi prices have been rising steady.
    Even better of course to be closer to Lake Haven.
    I see San Remo prices have gone down a little though from the feeding frenzy last July.

10. larrylarry

11. Alb

Alb New Member

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum, I just noticed your chat regarding San Remo NSW from Google, most people don't know about the area so when I saw your discussion it caught my interest. I've bought two propertys in the last few years in San Remo and found good growth, especially with my recent strategy regarding positive geared propertys. My tennants have been amazing, very reliable and pay a lot more then what the standard rent would be. I'm from Sydney and San Remo reminded me of Dee Why, which had a pretty bad reputation a few years back, but I bought anyway and it's cleaned up nicely now. I feel San Remo will be the same, also my houses have granny flats too which has been a great cash flow boost. The Goorama Ave road upgrade has been a huge improvement. I think San Remo is definitely an area to look into, especially if you want a positive geared property with the possibility of building a granny flat.