Sackie is selling AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Sackie, 24th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

That's what our friend did, after major first deal became bored after two to three years as had no other real hobbies other than stock trading/investing, his life is taking on challenges and being fulfilled in his endeavours, whether it's opening or selling a mine, or improving one, or creating it to a billion $ company with new technologies like looking at hydrogen now.
    It no longer becomes about the money I think it becomes about doing what one is 'good' or 'best' at and obviously what one's thermostat is set to and whether one feels fulfilled.
    I discovered that myself that I was held back by my believes by my thermostat of what I felt what my net worth should be. Honestly many people will feel certain guilt of why they should be worth so much....It sounds silly but really many people will not justify why they should be worth say a billion hence why they wont achieve it. Like most lotto winners apparently lose what they had as their thermostat was not set comfortable at that level of wealth or monetary belief.
    So for some $5M may be their limit, or $10M, or $20M, for others $100M and others maybe $1B or more.
    Hence I try not to judge what someone's journey and net worth should be as long as they can be fulfilled and independently create their life to their desires, then to me that's success, that is true freedom, that is life to be lived. I think most of us at first strive to feel significant but as we age and we become more fulfilled our perspective on life changes too, at least mine has.
    I know what makes me happy and fulfilled not what others perceive what I have to have or feel like. Hence I think I understand where @Sackie is coming from? Many successful people will not share he does so we should enjoy and embrace his outcomes.;)

dave34, Bunbury, Sackie and 6 others like this.
  2. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

No wine for me of any colour or any price range at all for me.

It even pains me to buy a case of beer for more than $50 and they generally last me a couple of months.

MWI likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

Alright, this puppy is going live soon. Looking to break the suburb record again by breaking my own recent record. Dam.. I gotta beat myself...:D

craigc, House, MWI and 1 other person like this.
  4. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Just received some appraisals for XX IPs in QLD, amazing gains even I could not believe it!
    I would assume most would be firesale appraisals so perhaps under 10% and may not reflect the true values. Still extremely happy so IMHO you should do extremely well too.;)
    Perhaps this will be reflected in hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee land tax bill for us and great for QLD government revenues?:eek:
    Just proof over the years houses and land in well located suburbs long term are great capital and inflation investments.
    Best of luck.:)

Firefly99, Piston_Broke and Sackie like this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

It's not even on the market just yet and 2 offers are in. Lol

But it's taken a lot of effort to get to this point. What looks like an overnight massive success is really 6 years in the making.

craigc, Francesco, kierank and 5 others like this.
  6. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Agree hence why I mentioned time but yes work most don't see, over 50% gain was in around 7 years for us.....at least you create value, for us it it just passive investments over time.
    Still happy with the progress and how LVR keeps diminishing below 19% (even though refinanced last year October 2020) thinking now by having some large blocks was a good investment decision at the time.
    Just refinancing and pulling out equity again... heaps of paperwork!
    I enjoy your updates on progress, thanks for sharing!:)

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Looks like your gonna have a chunk of equity to play with :)

Doing the paperwork is a small price to pay . Or just do what I do. Get the other half to fiddle with the papers :D

8. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

You have been buying in retirement so shouldn’t be an issue?:D

kierank likes this.
  9. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

But I am the 'other half'! :D Also have bookkeeper so all is good.;)

Sackie likes this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah but @kierank is frequenting Mr Murphy’s for all his buying....

kierank and spoon like this.
  11. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Apparently stocks of good shiraz are running low, even lower than stocks of toilet paper :p.

MWI and Sackie like this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You can thank yours truely :D. Too much cash to splurge these days:oops:

images (9).jpeg

Last edited: 2nd Jul, 2021
    kierank likes this.
  13. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

We stocked up on lots of Shiraz, really, but sorry still don't understand the obsession with toilet paper when we can still shop?
    Here are just few....
    IMG_0519.jpg

spoon, kierank and Sackie like this.
  14. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

Best reply of this thread/day!

Truly inspirational

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2021
    Sackie likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Took us a long time to figure out (and truely believe) that even more money ( we're totally FI now) isn't the answer to living our best life.

We've been focused on lifestyle and family now above everything else and we are the happiest we've ever been.

Propin and BNE like this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But so many people are unhappy or sad…….because they don’t focus on what they have, got to count your blessings. Instead think happiness is solely dependent on the next best thing.

oracle likes this.
  17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

We've had many ups and downs and the 1 constant thing we always have is gratitude for life.

Tbh, I think some level of wisdom is required in order to live your best life. Usually, you'd hope it comes with age.

MTR likes this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

UPDATE: styling happening as I type. Photos taking place this afternoon. Got 3 people buyers coming to inspect tonight.

The pebble has dropped. Let the ripples spread as they may.

Last edited: 5th Jul, 2021
    MWI likes this.
  19. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. I've also done the same recently by listing a property for sale to enjoy life a bit more and be adventurous with my career.

Sackie likes this.
  20. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I guess what makes everyone happy will differ. For us it's not wasting too much more time making more money. We have enough to be able to cover everything we need and want in life. We're definitely growing our business but we want total freedom as much as possible. All we need now is international borders to open and we'll disappear for a long time. The world is an amazing place to explore and many adventures await.

Tomorrow is promised to no one but a fool.