NSW Rouse Hill

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Don't know when they are going to start work, but there is (was) a plan to upgrade the intersection at Sunnyholt / Old Windsor Road to 3 lanes nortbound and southbound.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents...de/memorial-ave-community-update-nov-2014.pdf

The consultation was in 2014 so progress is slow. There is construction activity happening at the intersection of Old Windsor Road with Newbry Avenue. I wonder if that is related.

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.36.32 pm.png

One of the bad chokepoints in the afternoon is the intersection of Old Windsor Road and Merriville Road.

Esh likes this.
  2. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

They also wanted to re-name that section near the Station to Wran. Local's fought it and it will remain as Rouse Hill but the council want the station to be named Warn (after labour politican). Let's see how that goes.

3. wombat777

Gwynneth, Esh and Jacque like this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

5. wombat777

Given I live only a 10 minute walk from Rouse Hill Station i’m closely watching the property market here over the next 2-5 years, particularly for houses.

Will be interesting to see if Rouse Hill is different to the Sydney trend. It is market within market though. Price trends will be different within 1km walk of any of the new stations on the line.

011DF960-D0DC-4620-9A52-48F168747C68.png B1B9A8A3-A2F7-4885-B5AF-280231EF5BBF.png 992A12B4-0403-459F-9740-4072804823AD.png

Esh likes this.
  6. virhlpool

virhlpool Well-Known Member

Any new Sydney suburb has a similar graphs though.. graphs of last 5 years don't mean much for the next 5 years of Sydney to come, unfortunately.

7. wombat777

I posted the graphs, just to track current medians and growth figures at the individual suburb level. Will see in time how it compares to neighbouring suburbs without a railway station. e.g. Box Hill, North Kellyville, etc.

SydneySider likes this.
  8. SydneySider

SydneySider Member

Hi All,

I am considering to buy a land of 300 sqmtr rectangular plot within 1 km to cudgegong station on Bardola Street next along with Terry Road. How much i should be expecting to pay for the plot considering registration is due in June/July 2018, developer is expecting 500K.
    There are people living in front of the estate all new homes developed in last year or so.
    What should i be a good price for that land?
    @wombat777 thanks for your research on that area, it is really helpful.

9. wombat777

I can't suggest what is a good price as I haven't been following land prices closely. Whether you can get a good price really depends on how keen the developer is to sell the block.

Aim for a minimum 12.5m frontage if you can get it ( in my experience that's a practical width for a double story house with double garage, assuming you can build against the boundary one one side ).

Pay careful attention to any easements that may be present (e.g. drainage). Drainage easements often run along a back fence and would prevent you planting trees.

Also do you know what the soil classification is? It will affect build costs if it is more than 'M'.

Soil Classification

SydneySider likes this.
  10. SydneySider

SydneySider Member

Thanks..Yes the lots are zero allotment..the soil is highly saline as per the developer’s contract details. There is a block with 12.4 mtr frontage and it is 400 sqmtr so not sure how much should i quote on it.
    I am on a tight budget as i dnt want to spend too much in tye current market conditions...as in near time i do not expect much capital growth.
    The frontage if 300 sq mtr lot is 11.2, i am even thinking of just building a single story to keep it under 750 K mark.

11. wombat777

Can you build to boundary on both sides?

Will otherwise be a very tight fit for a 3-bedder.

Are you building an Investment Property or a PPOR?

I’m not up to date on build costs since my place was built starting in 2013.

Try and find a builder that can complete within 6 months of building certificate being issued.

12. SydneySider

SydneySider Member

Thanks Wombat777

I can build on boundary at 1 side. Its will be a PPOR. Will keep in mind aboutvthe timing stuff.
    I have not bought that land, just given an EOI.

13. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

Seems to be a good price...roughly $1,600 per Sqm. Ones in tallawong road (closer to Cudgegong Station) are selling for about $1,800.

SydneySider likes this.
  14. SydneySider

SydneySider Member

Yes, i want to understand is it worth to pay much more for a land near metro station where as so many land is available in schofields for example i can get a 360 mtr sq plot on boundry road in 490K. Means in schofields we can get more land in similiar price range.
    How much premium we should be giving due to location.

Esh likes this.
  15. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

Agree. Price wise Schofields makes more sense to me. In terms of the NW metro sooner or later it will be extended to connect with the existing Schofields station.

16. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

Agree - price wise Schofields is more affordable but Rouse Hill is more expensive (no denying that). If looking at price then we can also say Riverstone is a better option to look at?

Personally, I find it a hard decision. I bought in Tallawong almost 2 years ago but I do like that you can a bigger plot in Schofields for less. At the end of the day you need to decide which is more important for you - location or price . Atleast they are very close to each other. For me the decision was based around the upcoming Station and being so close to Rouse Hill Town Centre.

SydneySider likes this.
  17. wombat777

From AFR:

The Turnbull government will provide $125 million over five years to support infrastructure projects and "liveability initiatives" under the Western Sydney city deal. The money will include $50 million towards the development of a business case for Western Sydney rail projects, including the delivery option for the full North South Rail Lik from Schofields to Macarthur, to be funded on a 50:50 basis with the NSW government.

Read more: Federal Budget 2018: Airport security and rail links get priority spending

Obviously or hopefully logically they would extend the Metro through from Cudgegong Road to Schofields as part of this, particularly if the rail link will head to Badgerys Creek and Macarthur.

18. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

It makes sense to do this. If they go from Schofields, through Marsden Park and onto St Marys it will be a major boost for the area.

19. wombat777

20. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The adjoining land is even bigger. 20 times the size. And its all a short bus to new Metro rail.

This one has been doing rounds of speciality agents for 2 years. Once this lot get a green light there is a new suburb ready to go. Boundary initiallly Windsor Rd , Annangrove back to Nelson & Edwards Rds. The Action Paintball site opposite and even the wooded area between Action Paintball and the former Amaroo Park shops (Kashi Indian on map). And then the boundary will head further West towards Box Hill initially at Terry Rd but the continue further West past Old Pitt Town Rd). Developers have been buying up in recent months incl the old Landscape suppliers site and the Action Paintball land all way through (Meze Me on map)

upload_2018-6-6_13-31-48.png

Rumours about it being like a Oran Park planned development (Stockland / Greenfields / Lend Lease (Springfield QLD)) have come up a few times.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 6th Jun, 2018

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.