Roofer - Campbelltown Area

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by John R, 11th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a good roofer in the Campbelltown area.

Main area requiring attention is the metal roof requiring replacement at the rear of a fibro house that covers the annexed wc/laundry. Also need the main roof of the house re-pointed.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ☺️

2. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Do the repointing yourself. Its just like putting on tiling grout and easy as anything. I just redid my investment roof. Did the entire roof in about 4hrs and saved myself $1000+.

Metal roof replacement thats going to cost a pretty penny.

standtall likes this.
  3. John R

John R Well-Known Member

The metal roof just covers the back laundry & toilet. Have had some quotes via the REA but the subbie doesn’t have the best reviews.

Agreed, I could do the repointing, just agreed I’d crack tiles walking on them (I did this in the last) and cause even more damage :rolleyes:

4. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Yeah just becareful walking on the tiles. It should be OK - I havent cracked a tile in years.

Regarding the REA subby - I would suggest you get your own quotes as well either from Service Seeking, Airtasker or Hipages. Also you can search google and call some of the most highly rated roofers.

I never trust the REA subbies alot of the time. I honestly believe some of the real estate agents are in bed and getting kickbacks by looking at some of the prices I get back.

(i.e) I got quoted like $3k to redo one of my showers to rip up and redo all the tiles because they were sagging. THe problem was the blueboard behind was cracked so it just needed to be renailed and filled then re-tile that section only.

3 tradies from the REA quoted me $3k-$4k. I was thinking why do we need to do the entire bathroom just rip up that sagging section. Got the whole thing done for $450 and looks superb from a guy I found on Hipages. The guy even resealed around the bathtub and even re-used the tiles so it looks like nothing was done to the bath.

All done and dusted within 2hrs and perfect now.

5. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve had some bad experiences with REA subbies too :mad:

I’ve been holding off going the hipages route but I think it’s what I’ll do. Time to pull the finger out!!!

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.