NSW Riverstone vs Northmead

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by KMG, 25th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Property preference

1. Riverstone H&L

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Northmead Apartment

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Paul@PFI - data tracking through a CRM, been around for a few years now. Any sales group worth their salt uses them.

BTW, I scored the car for a few % less than the agent was able to achieve. :D

2. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

North connex won’t help much for congestion around Northmead. Windsor Rd is earmarked for widening most of the properties on west side affected and plans for light rail have been mentioned. The real problem is the intersection with James ruse and it seems there are no plans to fix it

3. gary176

gary176 Well-Known Member

For me its Northmead ......good location, close to Parramatta, not too far from Macquarie park, westmead hospital close by....and a lot more....but I prefer the houses there as the land size is big.....and frankly compare to other suburbs, its cheaper when it comes to price/sqm

4. hennaSs

hennaSs New Member

Riverstone is a great suburb with great potential in the future, it's developing as so many people are moving to the suburb. Almost 80% of the population of Riverstone travels to City for work every day. Riverstone has great potential as the market street is about to be upgraded with new buildings and shops. The place is one of the well-developed areas in the region with every possible facility just nearby, which pretty much makes this suburb a well-developed one. The suburb will offer you with the budgeted house which will increase in value. Nearby, Nor-west Christian high school is among the best high schools. Just near the station within walking distance, you will find all the shops and facilities. IGA, Library, Gym, Parlor, sweets shop, post office, Church, CBA bank, wellness center, chemist house, Indian shop - what more you can ask. Since it's an old suburb that's why few people have a different perception.

5. Charch

Charch Well-Known Member

Article on the weekend detailing how Riverstone's farming paddocks are being transformed to affordable building lots. Was 5 pounds a block in 1885! :eek:

“I’d love to make this place my home one day, with a single storey house, two kids and a dog.
    There is a lot happening in the area with schools and hospitals and I’ve got a lot of friends nearby"

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

upload_2020-3-2_12-30-19.png

Last edited: 2nd Mar, 2020