Reversing Credit Card Payment

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by MTR, 26th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Conclusion....

Got a letter from bank stating insufficient information, so transaction was not reversed. Yet I provided all the information they required?? Go figure

The supplier of the bed has mailed out a few parts that should rectify the problem, other option was a complete new bed. I have gone the part option because I am o/seas at the moment.

MTR:)

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Maybe they meant that the information you gave was insufficient to support reversal of the charge?
    Marg

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

yes, that's it. All done and dusted now, the part arrived in the mail 2 days ago, when we get back home see if my partner can put this bed together.....

4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

the process is quite hard though in aus. you need to call the bank and full out a form with reason etc.

in the US I found it very easy. Everything is online and some banks even do instant returns.

MTR likes this.
  5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

But surely you still need a good, legal reason for the bank to default on its credit card payment.

In this case it appears the supplier acted within its obligations under Consumer law by offering to supply the part to correct the problem, or to supply a whole new unit.
    Marg

Perthguy likes this.
  6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

yes, but how long do they take to process it is anyone's guess.

I rented a car a few years ago for couple of weeks, prepaid, and return before the due date. Had a refund due which I had to chase them for. Had to contact the bank ultimately to get the money back.