results mentoring

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by the world is your oyster, 7th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Its really a mixture of 'what' and 'who' you know. Knowing just a few of the right people and having them on your side, really means you then also 'know' their knowledge too and have it working for you.

Its all about leverage to get the best results asap in order to get to your goals fastest, imo. Some people focus on leveraging finance and forget to leverage other people's knowledge. I don’t think i would even have half of my portfolio today if i didn’t listen to others and leverage off their expertise in all fields.

Last edited: 11th Jan, 2016
    Azazel and SOULFLY3 like this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@albanga I was thinking "force" before I read it ;) we should hook up? Not in a tinder type way :D
    In your group you would have had set tasks and outcome to achieve, great way to see people strengths and weaknesses, how they operate and work together etc etc

Sackie likes this.
  3. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Curious, how do they force you to network? Group activities and projects? And you're still in touch with these folks?

Is this course more about generic property investing stuff, or focused on a specific aspect like developing? (Sorry if it's covered in the sales letter)

4. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

hahaha @bob shovel, PC needs a swipe function you reckon :). My wife was already giving me grief about my networking sessions! I brought her along on Saturday afternoon so she could see we do actually talk property stuff and not just go out drinking :p

To answer more of your and @SerenityNow questions then between all the members, they put you together in a team. These teams were pre-set by Steve and his team based upon that first meeting we had. As I mentioned I was looking to build and of course had a builder in my group. There was a competition throughout the course of which team would make the most money, our group kicked of very strong with the developer selling 2 properties but in the end the Sydney team won thanks to some huge deals by some of its members.

Regarding the term "force" then firstly I would say a financial commitment is a self imposed force to actually do something. It is all well and good to say I will go to the next PC meet-up but if Game of Thrones falls on that night then chances are you might just spend the night in with John Snow. However when you make a financial commitment of a significant amount then it forces yourself to go. There was no way I was missing a session after I outlaid the money!
    In terms of forcing the group to work together then firstly everyone had to get a study buddy, you were responsible for one another and myself and the developer often caught up on Saturday mornings and spent a few hours studying the material and working through the assessments. The fact that the course has assessments as well as opposed to just material I think makes it far more engaging.
    During the workshops then we did a lot of group activities, Steve discusses something and then gets everyone's input which much be discussed within your teams and then shared. The last few hours of each workshop the floor would be opened up for people to discuss deals they are looking at and these were great and really gets everyone thinking and talking.

Obviously the closest relationship you form is with your own team members and from this I have made 2 great friends but I have also made friends I stay in contact with from other groups.

Gockie, bob shovel and SerenityNow like this.
  5. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Thanks Albanga, that's really helpful.

Since this thread is about Results Mentoring, I suppose I should point out that a Google search reveals another experience with them, except this person ended up asking for a refund.

Although that blog and Albanga's conclusions are different, there are a few common takeaways:
    1. The networking aspect is the most useful part of the program
    2. The program is more suitable for someone with a bit of experience under their belt, or at the very least, with funds ready to get started. Although this probably applies to property investing in general.

Last edited: 11th Jan, 2016
  6. albanga

Absolutely agree with those key points.
    Having my money tied into a deal limited what I was able to get from my sessions with Steve and also apply some of the golden stuff I was learning from the content. Steve really pushes making offers, some members were quite uncomfortable as they would overthink every deal. Steve pushes people to make offers under market value and throw in subject to due diligence clauses. Its basically a cannot lose situation yet so many people are not comfortable with it. What can happen? They accept your low-ball offer and you win? They don't accept it and you learn something and also some handy negotiation skills? They do accept it and something falls over? Hence your subject clause to get out of the deal.
    If I had the money I would have been making a lot of offers! Steve apart from being probably firstly a master negotiator is a master number cruncher (accounting background). Some people presented deals which did not take him long to tell them why they shouldn't, or more important why they should offer X below what is asking. This kind of stuff was golden! And I dare say a few people throughout the course got more than there money worth with him pushing them to offer and at X below asking.

If you have the money/equity and looking for deals during the course then you would get even more from it.

Sackie, Gockie and SerenityNow like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@albanga Great points and i strongly agree with your viewpoint. We dont need to get 30 'acceptable' deals to do well. All we really need imo is a handful of great deals as the foundation and it makes a massive difference. Good negotiating, planned tactics and using the market/vendor situation to our advantage can greatly help someone secure a great deal. It only takes a couple of great deals to make a huge diffrence.

Just my 1.5 cents.

Last edited: 14th Jan, 2016
    albanga likes this.
  8. bob shovel

I felt inspired and just offered 40% below advertised!

albanga and Sackie like this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Seriously?

What kinda deal?

10. bob shovel

Might make it formal at 35%. Need to do some numbers. You'll have kittens if I tell you :)
    Reno job, 100+yr old house

albanga and Sackie like this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

OK now my curiosity is officially piqued! Common man.. throw me a bone… some details…

12. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

York?

13. bob shovel

No, I'm bob ;)

In the Avon Valley

14. albanga

If you pull it off, I'd appreciate a cut of the profits for my inspiration ;)

Perthguy and Sackie like this.
  15. Anney

Anney New Member

I'm very keen too. So, did you take up the course? How does the $5000 each work? husband and wife? or anyone can do together? each have access to the log in account, training, webinar, coaching separately?

16. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Nothing beats having a mentor to go to who can handle real life problems

Beano likes this.