Replace shower over bath with a shower only? Does anyone use a bath these days..

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Momentum, 13th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Would you replace a shower over bath with a shower only in 3 bedroom unit?

1. yes, it's more modern looking

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. no, it's good to also have a bath

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Tenants are soon vacating a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, older style walk up unit in Mermaid Beach on the Gold Coast. When they leave I want to renovate the bathroom which currently has a shower over bath.

Should I replace the shower over bath with the same, or install a 1200x900 hobless shower only? My PM said to replace with shower only but I think some people still use baths? Average age in this demographic is 35 and I think most places are share houses.

Please vote so I can decide whether to install a shower only or shower over bath.

[​IMG]

2. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

Families like having a bath especially for smaller kids

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

How big is the bathroom?

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Hobless shower probably only of benefit for handicapped tenant access if doorways accomodate wheel in / out. Otherwise the lack of bath for small kids could be a turn off. My adult girls love their leisurely baths. Just make sure the bath suits a shower as well eg flatter base.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. bismarck

bismarck Member

I don't love shower over bath for myself, but a bath is pretty much a must for those who have young kids. If the demographics of your area has a significant portion of young families, I'd keep the bath.

The Y-man likes this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Would a Mum or Dad with young children be renting an older style walk up unit in Mermaid Beach? I dont know any mums of young children who love getting a pram or a stroller up and down a flight of stairs whilst carrying one or two kids.

7. Zimplestiltskin

Zimplestiltskin Well-Known Member

How much renovating are you doing? Sounds big if you can consider hobless shower, that typically involves changing the floor. If you going to that level then you could probably reconsider the entire bathroom layout.

Just removing that yellow glass frame around the bath will make a significant difference

Last edited: 14th Jul, 2020
  8. Rugrat

Rugrat Well-Known Member

Forget my kids. I wouldn't live someplace without a bath for me!

Archaon and Ian87 like this.