NSW Repairs and installations in LGA hotspot

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by giraffez, 7th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. giraffez

giraffez Well-Known Member

How are people dealing with non urgent repairs and installation for tenants in LGA hotspots? My tenant is annoyed and does not seem understanding to the current lockdown rules. The dryer has broken down but I can't get anyone to install a new one for them.

Last edited by a moderator: 8th Sep, 2021
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Buy locally.

3. giraffez

giraffez Well-Known Member

i did, they said the rules were general and doesn't exempt people inside the LGA. If not an emergency they won't come out

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I had a curly one. Garage door mechanism broke. Car stuck inside. That is allowed to be fixed.as its a hazard and doesnt allow me to travel for health, food etc. However if car was stuck outside its not and he cant do work. While there he suggested a new motor unit but cant install it...yet.

We all have to adapt and just go with it. And if we all follow the rules then cases would be 0. But they arent.

I am NOT in a LGA of concern and this still applies.

giraffez likes this.
  5. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I believe you can get a dryer ordered online and delivered to them, then they can at least start using it. If you get the same model as currently, it should easily slide onto the current brackets.

giraffez and Esh like this.