Renting property storage on Spacer.com.au

Discussion in 'Innovative Property Investment Techniques' started by Jamesaurus, 14th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jamesaurus

Jamesaurus Well-Known Member

Have any members had any experience with renting out storage or sheds as part of a property?
    (either on the website Self Storage | Rent Space & Cheap Storage | Spacer or self-organised?)

I'm considering doing this separate to my IP as the tenants do not use 2 storage sheds and could generate extra cashflow for me..

2. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

They are pretty good at hiding their fee other that to say it is minor. Not sure ~20% is minor

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

If the storage shed are within the leased premises the tenants have a right to quiet enjoyment to use / not use the sheds. You cant allow others to use their property.

4. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

The tenants can deny access - they are renting the entire property.
    How do you know they are not using the sheds, even if occasionally?

5. Vassago

Vassago Well-Known Member

I do this, however the sheds are fenced off rest of the rental property, with separate access and it is made clear that it is not part of the lease.

I don't use any service, just advertise on Gumtree and use a short lease that I made up (not the standard residential one).