Rent Receipts quickly

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by coastie, 13th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. coastie

coastie Member

Hi My tenant who I had a private agreement with is wanting receipts in a hurry. I originally asked her to direct debit the fortnightly amount so the rent would be up to date and the bank deposits would be her evidence of paying if she ever needed it. Well I asked her to vacate and she has her eyes on a place and now wants a rental ledger. I started entering her rents into Rentmyestate which is now called cubbi but I find it hard to navigate and change details. I have all the details ready to enter into something. Can anyone recommend a quick program that will calculate the dates paid to as the payments are a bit erratic and I want to get this to her asap to see the end of her. I need to be able to print this out as well.

and I will never self manage like this again - lesson learnt:)
    Thanks

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Rentmaster.co.nz free trial

coastie likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Can you not just enter into an excel spreadsheet?

coastie likes this.
  4. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

I had the same issue when I self managed one. They didn't even except a spreadsheet so I just told them that's all I can provide and to put my number as a reference. The agencies they applied to had no issue with calling me for a quick chat.

coastie likes this.
  5. coastie

coastie Member

If I enter it onto an excel spreadsheet do I have to enter which dates it is paid up until? That is what I have trouble with

6. coastie

coastie Member

Rentmaster looks good but it is not compatable with Mac OS:(

7. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Yeah you need it to say essentially what the date its paid up to. They should always be in advance. Have you got their first ever payment in your bank account you should be able to back track to that

coastie likes this.
  8. coastie

coastie Member

Yes I have the bank account statements But just looking for a program to work out the dates paid until as I am sure I will miscount them

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@coastie - unfortunately you use a mac - otherwise rentmaster can extract payments too from the extracted file and upload them. Their other platform ipad compatible (http://www.renthq.net/) but I haven't used it. It should be more functional as it is an updated version.

10. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

I use separate sub-offset accounts for each IP, so shows income, date etc for that property/tenant only, bank saves online statements for 5yrs so if there's ever any issues with HD crash, fire etc I can access it.

Also have an auto direct debit setup from each IP sub to the main loan draw offset the day after rent is due, if it fails I know they haven't paid

11. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Ask the tenant to prepare it and you will review and sign it.

Perthguy likes this.
  12. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest an XL course, but perhaps year 9 mathematics might be more appropriate.