Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Removal of home/buy homes to be carried away

Discussion in 'Development' started by Leo2413, 21st Jan, 2016.

1. Leo2413

Leo2413 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Would anyone be able to recommend a good company that buys old homes and or removes homes to be sold in Brisbane?? Rather than just demolish it I am trying to save some money on the demolition fee by selling the house or worst case even give it away. Any contacts in Brisbane is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. SK Investments

SK Investments Well-Known Member

Wherever the wind takes me, currently Brisbane
    What is the house like Leo? Size, type, any Pics?

Leo2413 likes this.
  3. WilliamB

WilliamB Well-Known Member

We've tried it a few times mate. If there is a hint of asbestos in it, most won't touch it. We did manage to sell one privately to a complete whack job. Honestly wasn't worth it.

The few actual companies we have dealt with are Drake and David Wright. If you have a decent house they are pretty much the same.

Leo2413 likes this.
  4. Leo2413

@SK Investments As far as i know its a 1950s timber home, roughly about 350sqm, i think on slab.

@WilliamB Thanks for the info mate. I have heard of David Wright so i might give them a call first. If i can get rid of it without too much hassle then it would be ideal...thanks again.

5. WilliamB

WilliamB Well-Known Member

No worries mate. We found there were two scenarios:

1. They would take it off you for free (WAY better than demoing) and dump it on their lot
    2. They would market it "on your behalf" but would leave it on site until they sold it.

I think we must have also dealt with Atlas judging from this photo hahahah. Although from memory the guy that bought it pissed off pretty much all of the house relocation companies in QLD. It still may have been David Wright that relocated it for him.

Images (203).JPG

Leo2413 likes this.
  6. Leo2413

7. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member Premium Member

@Leo2413 , did you end up going through with the removal of the house? What sort of % of the building value ( insured replacement cost of the building ) were you offered by a house removalist to 'buy' and remove the house?

My sites in MBRC have houses that have been extensively renovated so demolishing either of them might not be the best way to extract value. One is a 3-bedder ($230k building replacement value), the other a 4-bedder ($245k building replacement value). Both are highsets.

I'm budgeting / assuming $25k for a demolition in the the feasibility costings I am doing ( some asbestos assumed ).

Edit - tagged the wrong Leo initially.