Property & Infrastructure Funds REIT: RURAL FUNDS (ASX: RFF) - Accusations of fraud

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Guest, 6th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

RFF doesn't glitter it is not gold. It is supposed to be a stable slow steady investment with indexed increasing yield, Gold doesn't do that. Up 41% to-day gold doesn't do that either. Pessimist always seem smart.

Phar Lap and Lindsay_W like this.
  2. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

I did actually divest today though at open, that was a gift considering the circumstances RFF are facing.

Sit on sidelines...anyone got popcorn?

Actually, I have put our Supers into Cash as of yesterday. Getting too close to Sept/Oct crash territory and this year I think it will go with a loud bang.

@Alex Straker , you still on track for a drop "later this year" ?

Brumbie likes this.
  3. Alex Straker

Alex Straker Financial Life Coach Business Member

Hey @Phar Lap yep sure am, chart I posted recently (World Indices Thread 25JUL19) gives XJO approximate timing zones. Red zones bearish, green zones bullish, again remember these are approximate timing zones to be aware of, common sense is always the best guide :) Around November 2019 and April 2020 look good if you want to accumulate.

On track so far....... upload_2019-8-11_20-52-6.png
    No Advice

Last edited: 11th Aug, 2019
    sharon and Phar Lap like this.
  4. sfdoddsy

sfdoddsy Well-Known Member

You seem quite postive about 2020.

5. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Ya. I believe they were from North Dakota :)

6. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

What has this got to do with RFF ? Just taking any opportunity to get a plug in ? As an advisor you should be recognizing and advising to buy when opportunity arises. Timming the market is a mugs game. People have been presented with a rare opportunity to make capital gains and get a high paying dividend stock when they are hard to come by. I was late buying this but still have a 20% gain and a stock paying a growing 6.5% dividend in less than 3 weeks. Also up 36% a on NAN just to-day and up 120% on purchase price . to illustrate It is earnings that determine share price. XJO chart is irrelevant to individual company performance.

7. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

But RFF are very transparent the CEO is always quick to respond with email to any questions, more so than any other company,

Brumbie likes this.
  8. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

He was asked a question by another member about the Market as a whole and responded to that specific question...
    BTW I notice the price was up to $2.14 today and closed at $2.10, could've been good to buy in the 'dip' at $1.36

Last edited: 27th Aug, 2019
    Brumbie likes this.
  9. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Interesting results from the Ernst & Young report for anyone interested;
    The report from EY was released alongside the RFF FY19 results this morning and it corroborated RFF’s position almost unequivocally. Going through each allegation, EY stated time and time again that each Bonitas claim was “not substantiated” and that any potential conflicts of interest or opportunities for mismanagement had been disclosed and systematically pre-empted by RFF management. Indeed, EY pointed out many errors and factual inaccuracies in the Bonitas report.

Brumbie likes this.