NSW Regents Park, NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Malav Shah, 18th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Malav Shah

Malav Shah New Member

Hi All,
    Wanted some suggestions on Regents Park, NSW. I liked an 3 bedroom, 2 baths & 2 car space apartment just opposite Regents Park station, NSW. The price of the apartment is in my budget of $520k. Any suggestions on suburb, price or anything which you can share?

Thanking You,
    Malav Shah

2. neK

neK Well-Known Member

If you are using it as an investment property then best of luck.

I've found rentals there aren't that good, people seem really cheap.
    Show them a nice brand new 3 bedroom and they go and compare it against a run down 2 bedroom and try to haggle you on price.

3. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

Do trains stop there frequently during non-peak times? How noisy is it?

On the other hand there's a great leb pastry shop in the shopping centre.

4. Reindeer

Reindeer Member

I bought a 3 bedroom unit in Regents Park in Oct/Nov 2012 for 383K (currently rented out for $510pw, same tenant since 2012). It's probably in the same building as the one you are looking at but my one is a bit bigger and the rooms are in rectangular shape. My one is not facing the railway and it's not noisy. The only problem is there is no direct train to Central, you need to change at Lidcombe. The strata is around $700 which is reasonable.

There was a 2 bedroom 1 bath sold for 483K recently in the same building and I would expect my one worth around 540K. I've bought a few other property in 2012/2013 and this one does not have the best growth but I guess in line with the median price growth in Sydney.

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2015
    Tekoz and Malav Shah like this.
  5. Malav Shah

Malav Shah New Member

thanks reindeer for your comments, Yes i am looking to buy in the same apartment building. Just wondering what rent were you getting when you bought the property in 2012? Did you start with $510 per week or has the rent gone up gradually? The one we are looking to buy is also not on the railway side so would not be that noisy !

Malav

6. Reindeer

Reindeer Member

The rent was $500 when I bought the property in 2012. It was increased to $510 mid last year. I could actually increase to $520 but the tenant is very good (almost no repair since they moved in) and I want to keep them as long as possible.

Hope this helps.

7. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

I believe that in this type of investment climate, anything that you can buy when you got the chance & finance ready is and will be a good buy.

just make sure that you are using the Interest Only loan and set it to fix when the interest rate is increasing.

8. bythebay

bythebay Well-Known Member

That's a fantastic yield!

Mikey and Malav Shah like this.