Recommendations to Remove and replace existing shed in Perth

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by FrivolousPanda, 14th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. FrivolousPanda

FrivolousPanda Well-Known Member

Hi,

The small shed on my property is on its last legs and quite wobbly. Does anyone have any recommendations for tradie to remove and replace a shed? Size is about 3x3m. Property is in Town of Vic Park.

Apparently a repair is not possible. I'm yet to get hold of the maintenance guy who inspected it to find out why but the shed looks pretty old.

Thanks

2. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Put it on gumtree as ‘free -you remove’ someone will pick it up for sure.

Then you just need to find a new one

3. FrivolousPanda

Also is a quote to remove and install a 3x3 zincalum shed for $1100 reasonable given concrete is already done.

Thanks

4. FrivolousPanda

Good idea Blacky. Thanks for reminding me as a friend in Sydney did that. Property is currently tenanted though so a bit messy to manage.

5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

6. FrivolousPanda

Thanks Shogun. I guess I'm interested to see if the additional cost above the cost of a new shed is reflective of the effort required to remove and put up a shed, order in shed, dispose of old shed etc, i.e. is it a fair price? Are there brands that should be avoided? A shed is a shed to me.

I haven't assembled a shed and have limited experience with handy work so I'm not in a good position to say how long it would take or even the expertise required. Though from websites it seems it is pretty simple to assemble one.