Recommendations for Property Manager in Perth

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by JamesC, 17th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

I'm looking for recommendations for a property manager in Perth.
    What sort of fees can we expect?

TIA

2. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Cheapest is 10% or some 10% plus gst (11%)

Costs rise rapidly. 8% to 14% plus extras is what I was quoted. Eg 1 weeks rent for 6 month lease 2 weeks for 12 months etc. Some $80 lease renewal others weeks rent.

On fee plus costs mine worked out about 12%

Searching finds other posts answering this question.

A lot depends on the PM. Same company one PM is good other PM my view of company is not so good

Last edited: 17th May, 2021
    JamesC likes this.
  3. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I actually posted this in another thread here but here's a copy'n'paste of what I wrote to save me typing it out again. :D You won't go wrong with Investor's Edge. I recently just re-let a property there and they pushed super hard and negotiated up on the rent amount when they really didn't have to. Achieved well above my expectations and well above the actual first offer! That's who you want on your team.

"Hi there,

I use Investor's Edge who have been absolutely amazing in multiple ways. Dianella is actually handed by Jo who is my property manager and honestly, you won't find better. She's an investor herself too which really helps and I can't fault them - and I can assure you I am extremely picky!

Jarrad runs a tight ship and is a serious investor himself too with skin in the game so he gets it from a landlord PoV as well which is very important.

Investors Edge Real Estate: Property Management Company in Perth WA

No referral fees or kick backs for me, just credit where credit is due.

Good luck!

- Andrew"

Last edited by a moderator: 2nd Aug, 2021
  4. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

From Investors Edge today.

"- our fees are tailored to each client and each property. I'd need to see the property and speak to you to find out more about what you need (do you want us to pay your bills, frequency of inspections etc). Having said that, we would normally charge 8-10% managing fee, plus a 2 week leasing fee (including photos, videos and internet marketing) plus a few incidental fees for inspections etc"

5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

6. chooke

chooke Well-Known Member

I'm with RMA and pay 10% inclusive of GST on rent received. It covers everything, property inspections, leasing and so on. Service is quite good, pics and commentary with each inspection report and so on. There is no need to pay anymore than that.

JamesC likes this.
  7. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Useless in my experience. I currently have an empty property. After many weeks unable to find suitable tennats. They think my property exists for them to make money. Would not recommend. 10% possibly only for old DF Ryan clients.

8. chooke

chooke Well-Known Member

I've been with them for years now and no complaints - just rented out another one of my properties and provided me with some research on current pricing for similar properties in that vicinity. At the end of the day it depends on the quality of the actual person looking after your property. I've been with some of the pricier PMs in the past with variable experiences.

9. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

RMA Rental Management Australia is not DFR it's an Australia wide company. Yes some DFR people when to RMA Perth office. I am absolutely disgusted with their service and I found DFR service to be ordinary but YMMV

10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

11. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

Perth property management fees seem to be ridiculously expensive compared to the east coast!

12. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

They've got pretty good reviews too.

13. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

My experience is different. I am not happy with their performance. I think a big factor is the actual Property Manager you are assigned. Slow finding tennants in my experience.

14. Dat Nguyen

Dat Nguyen Member

Sorry to bring back up an old thread, but have you used aussiepropertyperth? If so how were they? They do offer really cheap management fees, as im looking into some PM at the moment.