Recommendations for Building and Pest Inspection in Greater Western Sydney Region.

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Newbie_, 3rd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Newbie_

Newbie_ New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to this process of buying a house hence if someone can answer below questions:
    1. Do all the inspections check all the required/standard things/areas etc or I need to specify any points?
    2. Are there any different type of Inspection packages?
    3. Would the inspection give me any idea for the price according to building condition as well?
    4. Any good companies in Greater Western Sydney Region and expected fees?

Thanks for your guidance!
    G

2. FrivolousPanda

FrivolousPanda Well-Known Member

1) There is an Australian Standard for building inspections, possibly for pest inspections too so most inspections will meet those standards. I've found what an inspection cover does vary between companies - see point below. Areas I've found they may not cover well are roof voids, on the roof, and subfloor - this may be due to access availability but sometimes I think also effort required. I've also found a high variability in the inspection reports I've read. Some give only brief descriptions, some have tiny pictures to longer more detailed reports to video.

2) Each to their own from my experience. There's building only, pest only, building and pest is very common. Some offer a more basic building inspection vs a more thorough one. Use of a thermal camera and drone is another option I've seen.

3) In regards to price of the property, I have never seen before. In regards to price to repair and remediate, some give written, some only verbal when asked

4) I've used Steve from Ausinspect. Not cheap but I find I learn something from his reports. If you have to get a few from him due to Sydney's love of auctions, you'll find it is a bit repetitive as there's quite a few things to look out for which are applicable to most properties. He is a bit curt as mentioned by someone else on this forum. I haven't tested his aftersales service as I haven't had to ask any follow-up questions.

Sample inspection video

3. Newbie_

Newbie_ New Member

Thanks @FrivolousPanda for your response..

I have noted Steve.. I will search for couple more so that I have a back up incase Steve is not available..

4. chunky_lafunga

chunky_lafunga Member

Do share what you find :) I'm also looking for good B&P inspectors in Western Sydney. Cheers!

5. Newbie_

Newbie_ New Member

Hey

I got another recommendation for C'hilds Property Inspection' from Hwangers..
    which suburbs are you looking at ?

Thanks
    G

6. chunky_lafunga

chunky_lafunga Member

I'm looking around 1) Liverpool region and 2) St Mary's

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Member

I can also vouch for Steve from Ausinspect - my family have been in the construction industry for 30+yrs and when they heard Steve's video walkthrough, they straight away said he knows what he is talking about. I definitely learned a thing or two from watching the videos. As Frivolous Panda said, he can be a little dry to speak to, but just make sure you're asking relevant questions and he'll give you straightforward answer.

FrivolousPanda likes this.