VIC Recommend me a real estate agent to manage my property!

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Lyt, 26th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lyt

Lyt Member

Hi all,

As per the title, I live in a 1BR apartment in North Melbourne and I may be moving overseas for a few years. What should I be aware of when seeking a real estate agent to manage my property?!?!

Thank you

2. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

I have probably said too many times here: if you have an Onsite Manager, try to get them to let your Apartment out for you. This is especially true in your case since yours is a one-bedder, as the rent value may not be that high, no offence.

3. Lyt

Lyt Member

No onsite manager D:

4. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Leigh from Mayfair Property Management (located in Brunswick). They have been the best PM’s I have ever had. They only charge 2 fees- one for leasing your property, and the monthly management fee. Very reasonable for Melbourne. What I like about them is when they lease your property, they do multiple open homes (at different times and days of the week), their online ads are amazing, and they list your property so it appears as the first few on the page. This is all inclusive in their fees. Furthermore, I personally achieved a higher rent than my previous PM ($440/week versus $380) and got a high quality tenant as well.
    In terms of management, they deal with tenant issues regularly, keep on top of payments, pay bills on time, no accounting errors so far. Also, I once had a minor handyman issue. Rather than call a trader, he just went out their with his screw driver and fixed the issue for me at no extra cost. It’s really set and forget for me.

I can’t say that with my other PMs.

Hope that helps.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Lil Skater hangs around here - not sure if she covers North Melbourne, Linky

Michael Mitchell and Lil Skater like this.
  6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

+1 for @Lil Skater, very well respected around here.

Lil Skater and Michael Mitchell like this.