Recently Rented Properties

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Peace2all, 5th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Peace2all

Peace2all Active Member

Hi PC Members,
    Where do I find information and data around recently rented properties? Real Estate gives info only about recently sold properties. I would like to find out about the rental market in different areas. Pls advise.
    Thank you.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I use this site and on the drop down menu "more" you'll find rent prices. Depending on what I'm looking for I'll change the order from "highest to lowest" or "most recent" and if you drill down further you can use the street name in the "address keyword" box on the right hand side of the page if you are looking for a particular street.

In that same filtering box you can put in property type, number of bedrooms, price range etc.

Search for Real Estate and Property Sold Price - Ksou House - KsouHome.Com

C-mac, Nicho, ellejay and 2 others like this.
  3. Peace2all

Peace2all Active Member

Thank you. Very useful.

4. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

Hi

I checked and the one we own is over quoted by $50 per week in rent. We didn’t get our price with covid. Maybe it holds generally.

5. wylie

Do you mean the website states that you got $50 a week more rent than you are actually getting?

6. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

Yes. It says $500 and we are receiving $450

7. wylie

Did you have it advertised at $500 and accept $450 to get a tenant. I'm guessing they must collect the data from re.com and similar sites, so a negotiated reduction would not show up if the asking price was not changed on the usual sites?

8. wylie

I've just checked our properties and one that was rented early this year isn't even showing, though it was advertised on re.com. The previous year rental price is showing though.

The others are correct but we did rent them for the asking price.

One of our IPs shows that we paid $190k and we paid $156k and it also shows the wrong photo for the property.

I guess these sites gather information from the listing sites and someone has to input details (certainly 20 years ago when the one was input into the system that shows wrong price and wrong photo). These days I guess it might be captured without someone physically doing the data entry?

9. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard (confident statement there!) that Ksou is a scraping site that picks up info from the various websites and records it.

I have used it before but as reported to be based out of China is blocked from work computers. Not sure how this is confirmed or just noted somewhere as a high risk site?
    I just use it on personal devices instead.

Another site which still records lots of data is onthehouse but they were purchased by REA group and not as useful now but still sometimes shows sold prices not listed elsewhere.

10. wylie

@craigc are you saying looking at Ksou on a computer puts me at some type of risk? That's worrying. I use it a lot.

I'll just add that RPData itself has the wrong photo and purchase price of our property.

11. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Hi Wylie - I’m not an IT person by any stretch, so checked with our IT team.
    Apparently categories are blocked with zscaler depending on classification until people report back - almost like crowd response “that no it’s not a gambling / other inappropriate site” and then the block / classification is amended to “ok”.
    Apparently that was the case with ksou as now can access it.
    Apologies for my very rough explanation as again - not an IT person. I learnt something new today as well.
    Cheers

wylie likes this.
  12. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Ksou is very much a scraping + aggregating site. Which is wonderful because it helps bring lots of disparate sites' data into one place. Nothing wrong with that per se, but of course quality of data on Ksou will merely be as good as whatever is on the other sites it scrapes from.

I used to love Ksou for their school rankings data to infer on school catchment areas. And not just in AU but in the US too. Being a Chinese run site, Ksou has a lot of school ranking data it scrapes and pulls in, as school catchment zones is often an area of focus for Chinese buyers.

Tom Rivera likes this.