Receiving property blog feeds

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Serveman, 29th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I was wondering how many of you receive property blog feeds on your email or Facebook? Do you find them helpful and/or educational and is there one that you recommend over others.?

2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I generally find that many of the property blog feeds tries to sell me something. To each to their own on what they do with their money but I feel that yesterday's success does not necessarily dictate future success especially with the tightening lending criteria.

Jess Peletier and Serveman like this.
  3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The Michael Yardney one is good. Just ignore the Metropole advertising.

Kassy and Serveman like this.
  4. Yson

Yson Well-Known Member

I never receive one

5. JL1

JL1 Well-Known Member

Many of them have vested interest, if not for affiliation with the market directly (eg. The Domain blog) them they spruik a service to investors. I didnt like a lot of the spin they tend to put so i started out analysing raw data and before long, ended up writing my own blog.

Its actually incredibly hard to distill data down to a single conclusion. Of all my posts, the ones that get the most views are always the ones where i explicitly say "the market will probably do X". The ones where i try to discuss analysis techniques and market understanding barely get looked at, so i can see why most blogs end up being crytal ball hyperbole.

If youre genuinely interested in commiting time to reading, i would recommend spending time on basic economics rather than property blogs. Learning the fundamentals of market economies will be far more valuable in the long run than trying to find the best source of prediction for the next market peak.

Serveman likes this.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Serveman and Simon Hampel like this.
  7. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  8. petewargent

petewargent Buyer's Agent

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm possible, looks like the last was published 2 months ago. They have been late before and one or two months in the past few years where they skipped without publishing an update...

10. petewargent

petewargent Buyer's Agent

I wondered if now CL have acquired them they might 'retire' the repeat sales index.