Real Estate Advertising - No Sale, No Fee

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Litchy64, 29th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Litchy64

Litchy64 Member

My agent has a 'no sale, no fee' policy - meaning he pays for all marketing unless a sale is achieved. Problem with that is, apart from a plain signboard on the property, he is only using realestate.com.au and only a standard advertisement. He also hasn't listed the property address in the ad.

After an underwhelming response so far, I'm wondering...
    What are your thoughts on standard v feature ads - still smaller than the Highlight and Premium ads and only obvious difference is the banner above the main photo, but to me doesn't look so 'cheap'?

Also, re the address listing - to allow shy buyers a chance to drive by and checkout the property, the neighbours and the street in general, before exposing themselves to the pressure selling of an agent?

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I use premium listings extensively in rentals, and they do make a big difference for me, BUT they're also a hell of a lot more affordable than the even more obscene prices charged for sales Ads...!

The Sales Agent I work with doesn't use premium listings on the vast majority of her Ads and has rarely seen reason to justify them. People buying property tend to spend a lot of time combing through potential properties (unlike renters) so I would say they're less likely to 'miss' a standard listing compared with a premium one.

I do have a problem with not listing the address though- buyers HATE it and will actively avoid that property on the principle of it. The agent is simply farming for enquiry, which is not in your best interest. Does he at least have the sales price listed?

Team Davo and Litchy64 like this.
  3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Instruct the RE agent to put the address on the internet listing. Today!

If an address is not given, I always wonder why. For me, position is my first consideration.

Also, if an address is not given, the property won’t show up on the map if that is the way a buyer is searching. Some buyers only look in a very tight area.
    Marg

wylie, Litchy64 and Tom Rivera like this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What's the point of an advert If you're bit going to divulge the address?

If I'm looking for a part of a suburb/street, I don't want to waste time on what may be 'close to XYZ' ie the other end of the suburb a few suburbs away.

5. Litchy64

Litchy64 Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Agree that pricing for premium sales ads is obscene... and good point about buyers spending more time working through all advertised properties. Yes, the price has been listed from day one.

After receiving overwhelming feedback on another forum that the address should be shown (including that the property won't appear on the map otherwise - something I hadn't considered), I insisted that the agent add it. The listing has also been upgraded one level, to Featured.

Marg4000 likes this.