Question about rental property

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Sigemup, 16th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sigemup

Sigemup Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I am looking for some information on best way to get a good rent property.

- I know there are strata reports available for the buyers but is such a report available for rent properties ?

- How to check the property in the 15 min open that they have ? What to look for in this ?

Asking this because I had applied for a rental property, and they called to confirm manager email and informed that the owner would say ok to the applicaatiob and they would confirm it soon. But when I did not receive a call, then called them about it and they said there was some concern that there was some issue in the plumbing. Also was informed prev tenant had left because of not pay the rent. Said they were fixing the issue and would update me soon.

Note they did not mention this at the open nor when they first called to inform about the owner saying ok.

Not sure if I should take this property for rent or not !

What do you think the reason could be and if this is the correct reason should I take the lease if they say it is fixed.

Also, does this forum have a section for renting. Most seem to be for buyers investors etc.

Last edited: 16th Oct, 2019
  2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Maybe that's why the last tenant left not paying the rent,because there was very little maintenance carried out during their lease on the property..But once you look into the circle of ripples that some within the real estate game play and as a renter the maintenance side will not be your problem ,just how fast the problems are fixed when you lease the property and by the sounds of this it may be that the title holder never kept up the maintenance..imho..

Sigemup likes this.
  3. Sigemup

Sigemup Well-Known Member

Thank you Willair for the reply !

One point I forgot to mention is that on the outside (i.e. not looking inside the plumbing or what is inside the walls or tiles), simply walking around inside the property - it does look well-maintained ! It also has nice amenities, wardrobes in both bedrooms and a nice kitchen. All the wood in the robes and cupboards is all good. The floor carpet looks good and is well-maintained also.

I did put in the lease offer about 15 bucks less than what was quoted. I am not sure if this is the reason why they were not ok for this ?

If that is the reason, then not sure why they called me to say the app looked good and only needed to confirm managers email which I gave them. If they were not ok with the 15 bucks less then would they mention it to me to consider to revise it ?

When I called them later they said they were waiting for the owner and said there was some issue in the plumbing and implied that owner in turn was waiting to fix the plumbing issue. From the info I had there were no other apps for this (or atleast none that were ok'ed for this.)

willair likes this.
  4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

They dont need an excuse to reject your application if its lower than asking. If its got plumbing issues, you dont want it.

5. Patrico1966

Patrico1966 Well-Known Member

Hello World,

Just a quick one for the experts. Whose responsibility is it to pay for the cleaning of filters for the reverse cycle air conditioners and the stove exhaust fan? Does this fall under the tenants obligations?

cheers

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The occupant.

Hot soapy water costs nothing.

balwoges likes this.