QLD to Smash NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Boss, 12th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

2. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Lol

Last edited: 12th Apr, 2021
    standtall likes this.
  3. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I REALLY REALLY hope so.

Honestly though its about time. BNE house prices where far to cheap compared to Sydney and Melb for the last 10+ years. I'm so confident in Brissy at the moment that the boom up in Brisbane will outshine and outpace Sydney and Melbourne in 2022 and beyond.

4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Those banana benders got no chance!

5. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that once international borders are re-opened a greater proportion of migrants will settle in QLD than either NSW or VIC...which will really bolster the QLD market in the coming years.

So pre COVID it was all about VIC and NSW but post COVID it will be QLD that outperforms...both Brisbane and regional QLD.

Sonamic likes this.
  6. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Hopefully Bris cay stay flood free. o_O

7. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Plenty of suburbs throughout Great Sydney were recently flooded. So many areas of Australia are susceptible to flooding including areas of Sydney.

8. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I think so.

While we are stoking the flames, I predict Brisbane Southside will outperform Northside! ;)

Sackie, kierank, samiam and 1 other person like this.
  9. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Sure, however the floods did impact property growth in Bris, the Sydney market was obviously more resilient.

10. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Considering the data lag...it's a bit early to determine the extent to which the recent NSW flood event has impacted values across Sydney or any other of the NSW areas that were affected.

11. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

I think that in a post-COVID world Brisbane may well outperform all other capital cities in Australia over the next 10 years.

12. thunderstrike888

Actually not that many. Only Penrith in greater Sydney really got affected and not all of Penrith only the streets near the river and even those places no houses really got damaged. It was greater NSW that got impacted the most which is outside of Sydney.

One of my best friends lives in Penrith and the evacuation warning did not even extend to his address. It stopped about 400m from his house.

None of my properties in greater Sydney got affected a single bit.

13. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

When the borders open there's a good chance yeah. The south is where almost all of the Vietnamese, Hong Kong, Taiwanese, Chinese, Korean, Sudanese, Nepalese, Indian etc etc communities are.

Codie likes this.
  14. thunderstrike888

This is the main reason why I like the Southside in terms of growing for longer because most of the Asian communities is in the Southside. In 2022 and beyond that is when things start to get normal in terms of travel and that is why I believe Southside will grow more than Northside.

jaybean likes this.
  15. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

... and so it should.

All suburbs on the Southside should outperform all suburbs on the Northside ;).

16. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Isn't Brisbane a country town? Boom today, doldrums for the next 20 years? Or did I miss how the state is no longer reliant upon tourism & mining and reformed the economy? :rolleyes:

Just don't wait too long or it'll be another 20 years before you her your investment back.

17. Peter Klapper

Peter Klapper New Member

Which suburbs are classified as the Southside?

18. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I just googled "which are Brisbane's Southside suburbs" and got this.

You can choose several variations, inner south, south, inner north etc

Brisbane Inner Southern Suburbs - Brisbane Australia

19. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

COVID has actually resulted in record tourist visitation in some QLD regions as people chose to explore lesser known areas of Australia due to the closure of international borders.

So the pandemic essentially raised the profile of many QLD tourist towns that became very popular road trip destinations (Tweed Heads to Yeppoon).

Obviously some regions and specific businesses within other regions that are too far for road trips and/or primarily rely on international tourism have been hard hit though (Airlie Beach to Port Douglas and some businesses on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast).

Regardless of the above though the post COVID world will continue to be shaped prominently by the desire for lifestyle and natural environments and thus QLD is better positioned than any other state to capitalize on the most significant global trend that has fundamentally changed the human psyche in terms of where and how people will choose to live.

See Change likes this.
  20. kaibo

kaibo Well-Known Member

I'm interested in your reasoning why migrants would choose Queensland now instead of NSW/Victoria? What's changed the mindset of these migrants in a post covid world shunning Melbourne and Sydney?

To be fair the only migrants I have seen go outside the capitals are those that are forced (overseas trained doctors that must work in regionals)

Ben20 likes this.