Qld Small Scheme Module vs Two-lot Schemes module

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by ray63, 20th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ray63

ray63 Member

For two lots, it would appear that having a Community Title as a Two-Lot Schemes regulation module under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (BCCM Act) offers greater simplicity for ongoing management than a Small Scheme module - eg no AGM's, lot -owner agreements rather than Committees etc. It should also be 'cheaper' to run (both in time and/or dollars)

However, what are the disadvantages of choosing the Two-lot Scheme over a Small Scheme?

One possibility is that if one lot owner fails to respond to a Lot Owners agreement, then the proposed decision fails (s111H BCCM act). At least in the Small Schemes, a failure to respond to a motion is an abstention, and the vote would pass (?). Are there any other things to consider? [I don't know what I don't know!]

Whilst I own both lots, there is no problem - but should I sell, then maybe the scheme should be changed to Small Scheme prior to sale (or as a condition of the sale). But I wonder was a prospective buyer would think about the change, and the fact that the 'management' of the Two-Lot scheme was not 'rigorous' as it may be under a Small Scheme and managed professionally?

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.