Pure Rentals

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by JuliaCFA, 25th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JuliaCFA

JuliaCFA Member

Hi,

I would like to hear some first hand experience with Pure Rentals.

I need to choose a PM in Brisbane and I quite liked what I saw on their website. However I wouldn't mind to have some members' view from this forum.

Their flat management fee seems quite competitive. The only thing I was wondering with this flat fee is if they will still be motivated to maximise your rental return or not.

Thanks.

2. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Ask questions about the ratio of PMs to properties to manage, ask what add on fees there are to the flat charge, ask all the questions you need to ask to make a good decision. Quality service is paramount over everything else. I know the founder of the agency and Russell Peter established the business to make a difference and he is ethical. I don't know the PMs who work at the agency though.

Simon L and Colin Rice like this.
  3. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

I've got 2 properties in Brisbane. One is managed by pure rentals and one is managed by @DiligentPM . Both have been good so far. @DiligentPM has been good as the people who manage my property are also the owners so there feels to be a good level of personal service. They gained me a good tenant quickly and at a good rental price. I've been very happy.

Pure rentals seems like a much bigger property management company and the personal service has not been the same. But I have had no issues so that's a positive.

I don't think you could go wrong with either in my experience.

Colin Rice and 733 like this.
  4. markson

markson Well-Known Member

What suburb is the property?

5. JuliaCFA

JuliaCFA Member

Thanks @DiligentPM and Foxdan for your response.

markson, the property is in Enoggera.

733 likes this.
  6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

What's considered a decent ratio of PM's to properties these days?
    I was always told over 100-120 per pm, anything above and lack of available might be an issue.

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Hi Barny,

A lot of agencies do not disclose their case lists...not sure why as transparency shapes ethical practice...some agencies argue that strong back end support and good business systems/processes enable larger case lists...it depends on the range of services a PM offers as well...these are the questions to ask as you explore your options.

We have made the decision to cap our case lists enabled with good business processes to support the work to a ceiling of 80-100 properties per PM maximum (with back end supports as well) - this still translates to a huge working day to follow up on all presenting matters

Taku Ekanayake and Barny like this.
  8. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

Hi @Foxdan - what is your reason(s) for having separate PM's? Would be very interested to know what you have seen as the pros and cons of having different PMs

9. Foxdan

Foxdan Well-Known Member

@Taku Ekanayake - I wanted to try the services of each PM to compare them. There was not really any difference in cost or advantage of having one PM over having two. So I decided to try two separate ones.
    After comparing the services for my personal needs, I decided to transfer both properties across to one PM to streamline it all. Very happy with the service so far and the tenants they have selected.

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  10. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

@Foxdan thanks for the feedback.

11. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

To add to this, your problems with any PM will arise with the specific person you are dealing with on a day to day basis. A highly recommended company or one with a great reputation may not necessarily produce the same results if your property is being passed onto someone less competent.

733 likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.