Purchase of land with Conservation area at the back.

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Summithunter, 25th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Summithunter

Summithunter Member

Hi Friends and Property Experts

I have finally (almost) decided and considering to purchase a block of land in Albright Estate in Truganina specifically Lot 872 /858 .Both are lots have their backyard against 20Hectare conservation area.

Land Search | Villawood Properties

Just seeking opinions as to how this would affect the property value if its placed on the market on sale? Is there anything I should look out for prior to confirming the lot to purchase?

Has anyone owned / lived in the property with conversation area as a backdrop? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

HI, a conservation area could be really nice if you like birds, lizards and other wild animals. It may attract annoying humans who loiter outside. Who knows? I back onto a park and it is really nice. It's much better than having another house right there.

Be aware that council or govt can change the zoning whenever they like. There would likely be plenty of public outcry if Govt wants to allow destruction of a conservation area, but a tiny remote possibility is always there.

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2018
  3. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

It will impact positively. Put a little gate in at the back when you build your fence.

craigc and MikeyBallarat like this.
  4. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

If you don't mind snakes, all good.