NSW Punchbowl vs Greenacre?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by user8519, 5th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Go for Redfern then. It fits the bill.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Next tip. I'd also look at Alexandria right near Redfern, try to land a terrace for ~1.2mill.

3. filipe

filipe Well-Known Member

I personally think that Boscar tool, whilst it can be handy, should also be used with a grain of salt. In 12 mths Greenacre has 7.7 murders per 100,000 - so with a population of 23,000 that means about 2 people murdered in the year. Still, that's not a great figure for Greenacre :/ :/

Is crime really that bad there? Obviously there are news articles about driveby shootings and gang related / drugs stuff, is it a case of a 'few bad apples' tarnishing the whole suburb, or is there a fundamental problem?

What do people think the trend is re the number of Lebanese, Islamic people etc residing here, it seems it is only getting more and more populated by them??

I have also been trying to decide which is the best suburb of these to buy a PPOR: Greenacre, Lakemba, Wiley Park, Punchbowl, Roselands, Bankstown...I can't see any standouts i.e. they all seem relatively similar? Would be keen to read if anyone can offer any advice re all of these suburbs comparison.

4. P j T

P j T Well-Known Member

Hi filipe you can PM me . I own my PPr in Belfield and have considered purchases in all the Suburbs you mentioned. I can offer advice if you like or check out places you may have an inerest in, have also dealth with mot RE;s in the area.

5. filipe

filipe Well-Known Member

Thanks Peter, have sent you a PM :)