Psychotic threatening murder neighbour...

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Bran, 10th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Hi Bran,
    I am really sorry to hear about 'whispering through my keyhole that she'd kill me, and asking her alter ego for permission to slice my face open' Your friend needs to go to the Police, NOW. Because these are serious crimes already. If you can, take her to the Police station and don't leave until she has given a statement, and she is taken seriously,
    I hope this helps

Last edited: 11th Mar, 2016
    Whitecat, Perthguy, Adele and 5 others like this.
  2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Someone in Mark's workplace had a similar experience with their new neighbour who harassed his young wife and baby while he was at work. They broke the lease and moved out, without penalty at tribunal.

Remember my friends that the mental health officers cant do much of anything. Neither can the police until a crime has been committed. They can talk to the offender, like, (sarcasm) you know, as if she is going to change her behaviour when they ask her nicely. Keep pushing, be the squeaky wheel. The police might have to receive a certain number of complaints before they can legally take this lady to the hospital. (from past experience, I don't have current knowledge in this area)

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Maybe the body corporate can install security cameras facing her door and other areas. This may deter the crazy neighbour and it assist with evidence.

Could the neighbour be an ice user?

4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I had the same thing, the neighbour shot an arrow in my general direction when I was in my backyard doing a clean up, his dog was going mad at me (I thought I was allowed to clean my own yard :eek:)

I spoke to my selling agent about it they said go to the police, days latter they came back and said he had threatened another adjoining lot owner with a bow and arrow, they went to the police and after the Police had paid a visit to the offender he backed his car up their driveway and did a huge burnout and threw rocks all over their 2 new HSV Commodores. They are now too scared to go back to the Police. As am I...!

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah I would get the hell outta there.

I have worked with many forensic mental health patients, many have chopped up their parents due to persecutory delusions, ideas of reference, AH, VH and psychotic driven paranoia etc. I would be moving away asap, before its too late.

By the time the police actually do anything, it can be all too slow, too late. I have seen many cases were it was just simply too late and they paid the ultimate price.

Last edited: 11th Mar, 2016
  6. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

Probably because police don't care about this sort of thing.

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

That's not a correct statement. Some do, some don't. A few years back I was living in a different suburb and had problems with a neighbour. I called the police and they put the guy in the back of their van while they took my statement. He was kicking the door and howling like a dog. They didn't need a lot of time getting my statement ;)

I didn't see him again. I know some police won't do anything because they are "too busy" but others a good and actually look after people.

I would advise @Bran to take the friend to the local police station and make a police report. Tell the police the person feels like their life is being threatened and if the desk officer doesn't take it seriously, ask to speak to someone more senior. Sometimes you have to go over someones head to be taken seriously.

EN710 likes this.
  8. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

The problem tenant is gone.

Whitecat, Nemo30, wylie and 8 others like this.
  9. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Good to hear

What happened?

Bran likes this.
  10. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Leave now, don't pass go, don't collect $200, get the **** out of there. :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator: 11th Mar, 2016
  11. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

No explanation?

12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of the details. Wasn't named on the lease so got booted. Named tenant is being evicted as well.

13. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Hope one day there will be more to the story. How did that named tenant come across this psycho friend in the first place omg

14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

The named tenant is only marginally better. The girl is an old friend, I just came across her plea for help on Facebook and did so.

EN710 likes this.
  15. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Well I hope that either of them don't keep visiting to harass/stalk your friend. She needs to be cautious for quite awhile.

Do let her know that she is allowed to break her lease under these types of situations with generally no penalty.

EN710, Nemo30 and Bran like this.
  16. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

So apparently Bran, is the rumour true that a couple of the other quieter neighbours, also with nervous dispositions, were named Smith and Wesson?

Bran likes this.
  17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

It's rarely 'what' you know.

18. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Touche.

19. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even though you hate them so much; you'll still put in a call to them when you need help.

20. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

I never said I "hate" them

I just said they usually don't care about that sort of thing.

Yea I have put a call to police when I have been needed to.