QLD Property on the end of a T-Intersection

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by milobear, 24th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. milobear

milobear Well-Known Member

Hi All,

What are your thoughts of buying a property on the end of a T-Intersection on a quiet street. I've read them having bad Feng Shui and with oncoming lights being a possible issue. What are your takes of them affecting future sale prices? would it hinder sale even if it's located in a hot suburb?

More importantly.. valuation?

Cheers

2. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

Personally I would not want to live in the end of a T intersection.
    The lights would drive me nuts. Maybe not so bad if there is a good screening fence on the front boundary.

Is it currently tenanted? Have a close look at the number of times the tenants have changed. If it has been Owner occupied..how often has it been sold.

I would imagine the valuation may be down a little bit against similar in the street.

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I've got an IP at the end of a T intersection. Normally I wouldnt do it but:
    It faces north... tick
    Both quiet streets... tick
    Big land.... tick
    High side of street.... tick
    Walk to school, shops, train... tick, tick, tick
    Bay views down the front thanks to the street... big tick :)

I bought it as a deceased estate... the guy living there lived since about 1980 in that house and passed away this year.... first time sold in a very very long time... I think i'm the third buyer or so since the house was constructed in ~1950's.

(Hmmm... I heard he died of cancer)...

4. milobear

milobear Well-Known Member

The property I'm looking at has been owner occupied for over 20 years. There's a screen fence in front, but according to Google street view there wasn't one 2 years ago. I'm guessing they never had issues with oncoming lights, but put one up to address a possible concern for buyers?

This is an investment, numbers stacks up.. but it's giving me second thoughts. I've been told not to forgo an opportunity just because of feng shui as not everyone believe in it, but I'd just like to know people's thoughts.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Very dependent upon the property itself - can be good or bad. A bigger concern is cars ending up in the front yard - blinds don't stop that happening, stats may be available from the local police. Overall the likelihood of accidents would only be slightly higher than anywhere else in the street.

Trees etc can fix bad fen shui - colleague's neighbour wanted to remove the tree in front of their house (on a bend). A car careereed into the tree not damaging the house. Guess what....the tree stays.

Last edited: 24th Nov, 2015
  6. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

7. Sky Huo

Sky Huo New Member

Having bad Feng Shui...Avoid it

8. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia