Property manager arranged incorrect lease period

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Parkzilla, 18th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JetstreamVic

JetstreamVic Well-Known Member

I'd let the agent know that they stuffed up, but at the same time you are only 'considering' that you will need access to the place in 6 months time.

Maybe an email to the agent that says if I need the place, you are paying to get the tenant out at the six month mark.

Your situation may change, so don't blow a valve just yet

Parkzilla and D.T. like this.
  2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I've seen this happen a few times before, and early in my career I actually did it myself to the severe ire of my client at the time.

It's one of those situations that doesn't really have a prescribed solution. The lease is absolutely binding so there's no remedy there. Make it clear that they have gone against your instructions and continue on as is. It may not become and issue. If it does, you'll need to consult a solicitor.

Even though there is no real solution at this point, you have every right to be very cranky.

Ricky Adelaide and Parkzilla like this.
  3. melbourne171

melbourne171 Well-Known Member

I have a similar issues with PM. I have posted in this thread Mistakes in tenancy agreement signed by PM

My property is in Brisbane. Never trust this PM any more. He's got the worst behaviour I have even seen.

Parkzilla likes this.