Property Management Software Console Cloud VS Property Me

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by MarcoAUS, 3rd Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MarcoAUS

MarcoAUS New Member

Hi all,

Was wondering if any users have utilised either PropertyMe or Console Cloud as a property management software and have any advice which one I should be looking at for a small real estate agency.

Very difficult times, wish for everyone the best and awaiting for the advice! Thank you.

Currently Property Me has offered a one month trial, the pricing structure is $110 incl gst for up to 100 properties + $495 set up fee.

Console Cloud barely has a trial account, pricing structure $135 for 50 properties, $200 (not including gst) for 100 properties + $695 set up fee.

Now Console has offered to price match Property Me for $110 incl gst and give me a free set up fee to out match Property Me. However, I have not used Console Cloud at all because I've been inputting all my data into Property Me. I personally liked the demo more with Console, however there is close to 0 reviews on Console Cloud. Compared to Property Me with many more reviews, and tend to be pretty good reviews.

Really hope someone can give their two cents and advise me which one to go with! Thank you.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  2. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Hi Marco - good luck with setting up your agency. When I looked into it a while back, I found the support for PropertyMe was a lot better and I knew a lot of other agents in my network using it so I knew I could ask for assistance if needed!

However I know @Tom Rivera just went through this process and he went with Console :)

I have had minor frustrations with PMe but overall I have been happy. I also found PMe not negotiable on price but Console were extremely negotiable.

3. FatElephant

FatElephant Well-Known Member

My property manager uses PropertyMe as well. I find it very convenient and user friendly. I have not heard of Console Cloud seems it's not as well known.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Console was one of the original residential property management systems. Since then, many other players have come into the market eg PropertyMe, Property Tree, Rest etc. I've used lesser known systems including MRI, JD Edwards and a few others.

5. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

I haven’t used Console for a very long time, I hated it - so I will say upfront I am biased.

I did use PTree for a few years, but found they didn’t listen to their customers and were slow to improve things.. much like Rest had been.

I’ve been with PMe for years now. I love it in a lot of ways, but everything could do with some improvement. They have gotten a lot bigger and therefore some of their changes haven’t listened to the crowd as much as they used to, but they still take feedback on board and I’ve always had quick assistance from them.

I’m part of their testing program too so I get access to some of their unreleased systems which is pretty cool.

6. MarcoAUS

MarcoAUS New Member

It seems like a lot more people use Property Me, only worry is the auditing report when Fair Trading comes, I see its only PDF format.

However from the feedback I'm getting, it might be worth sticking with PMe. Thank you so much!

7. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I was set to go to Property Me, but Console Cloud swooped in at the last minute and won us! I don't think they're too dissimilar, but CC seems to have that edge on features and usability. We've been with them for a few days now and there's very little to dislike so far. I'm also impressed that I can see useful new features which weren't there just a few weeks ago- love that!

8. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

lol I'll probably be Gateway Live's last customer before they kill it. Eventually, I'll prob stick with Console. It's the gold plated option but the support has always been there for me (and trust me I've used it and leveraged when needed because I pay good money it for it I get my moneys' worth)

9. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

What part of Console Gateway is "gold plated" :p

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  10. PropDir

PropDir Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi MarcoAUS - I am a property investor (not a property manager), however as a landlord I can tell you that the PropertyMe platform is being used by most of the property managers/agents who are looking after my properties. I have found it pretty easy to use as a landlord, and it seems to be the leader in the market for this type of software. I would say go with PropertyMe.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  11. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

the invoice? hahahaha :)