Property investor software and PHP scripts or CRMs

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by dabbler, 12th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I started to look around at what open source CRM and scripts are available.

What do you use or have found that would be good help for managing investment properties ?

Just thought I would ask before going through many of them.

2. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

I only use a simple excel spreadsheet and reference expenses and income from my monthly statements from my PM. This is for rentals. I'm not sure what you would use for devs etc. I used to have lots of detail but I've found the simpler the better. It's what works for me.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Specifically what are you looking to manage?

4. dabbler

Mainly things like insurance reminders
    Tenants and lease dates and reminders
    Dates for when inspections are done
    Breakdown of property and maintenance costs and utilities and reminders

Ability to modify or input data via web is preferable too

Excel is clumsy, a calendar can work but gets very busy when combined with other day to day and work items. Being able to see all detail from one package.

5. CK_Invest

CK_Invest Well-Known Member

if you're good at excel then you can use what I do which is a combination of using:

Google sheets/calendar/gmail
    Zapier

I have quite a few self managed properties, some overseas as well.

Essentially I set up e-billing for everything and I use Zapier to monitor my gmail (if youre scared about security you can set up a new gmail account and auto forward stuff to it) based off a certain criteria (e.g. subject:"invoice" from:energyaustralia.com.au etc..) and it will input the contents into a new row in google sheets

Within google sheets I then have some formulas to extract due dates / amounts into a new column

After that Zapier will check my google sheets for any new rows input and create a google calendar entry which will state whats due etc..

Then within my master file I have summaries based on what ive been billed / rent received / mortgage payment amount including offset (I keep every account separate) etc and eventually a projected cashflow by year end

It's super messy to set up (I almost gave up at first and i'm still tweaking it) but once I had it set up it works well given I base my day's activities all around google calendar.

Kate and trinity168 like this.
  6. dabbler

My google calendar is already too busy :)

I am sure someone will have already written something, or maybe a drupal module.

But had not thought of using these things combined.