Property Dev in south east suburbs - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Development' started by nataasha, 24th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. frank22

frank22 Well-Known Member

Why are banks picky about construction loans? I am in the planning stages of 3 Bv single storey dual occ,Have over 600k equity and will need $350k approx
    Was advised a few months ago by CUA ,no problem
    Nothing about deposit or insurance. Am I missing something?

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Risk, chance the builder can go bankrupt halfway through the build, end product could be shoddy, lower spec etc, unknowns.

3. nataasha

nataasha Active Member

Hi All,
    Thanks for all the comments and inputs so far. I just got my first set of high level drawings with two options from my architect. The first option is definitely prefrable as I have my own driveway. Can the experts please review and provide feedback .

a) Any ideas of how I can maximise site coverage and push the boundries?
    b) There is a telstra pit on the naturestrip , so if I go with my own driveway I may have to pay 10k to move the pit, is that right? Is it worth it? I think it is in my opinion.
    c) Is there a way I can build on the garden and use a little more of my set back ? 1 m maybe or the council ( Monash) is super strict and wont bend rules.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.Looking forward to your replies.

Regards,
    Nataasha

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Have you sought any advice from the expert in this field, the town planning consultant?

Tufan Chakir likes this.
  5. drfuzzy

drfuzzy Well-Known Member

Will the council allow the 2 cross overs? I suspect they won't for the implications on street parking

6. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Monash council are highly unlikely to allow two crossovers. Particularly if all the developments in the surrounding area have only one crossover. So that eliminates your first option.

You can’t build into setbacks (that’s what the rules are there for). They may let you have slightly higher site coverage eg. 1% more, but you need to have a plan b if this is not allowed.

You really should be employing (paying) a town planner experienced in this council area to answer these questions upfront. It will you save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Anything related to ' what you can build/what's allowed' MUST go to a town planner for anyone who is serious. There are so many considerations that an expert planner in the area will have the best advice once they investigate your specific site.
    I've been able to do things with my site that only a very good planner could advise me on. Not even council knew. :rolleyes:

SOULFLY3, craigc and lixas4 like this.