Property chat newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by njm83, 20th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. njm83

njm83 New Member

Hi all,

let me introduce myself, 35 yo electrician, recently relocated to the central coast NSW and looking to invest. I've join this site as I actually stumbled across it while researching and have found it rather informative hence the membership.

I currently own a few homes in rural NSW - Albury to be exact

first one was my first home, purchased 2009. currently privately tenanted to of all people my bond cleaner - always meticulously kept.

second one was my primary place of residence till I relocated, purchased in 2013 - currently Air BNB and looked after by my cleaner. recently completed renovation

Sadly equity in both of these I had to donate to my solicitor and ex partner, so both in the rebuilding stages

Third home I purchased in 2017, have recently tidied up and is tenanted as of three days ago! corner block so long term plan is sub-division.

I am fairly handy when it comes to the tools and as such have completed renovations on all properties from a quick paint, landscaping etc to open planning an older home, new kitchen, bathroom the works.

I am however looking for my next venture and am unsure the steps.
    Be that purchase a reno, a positive cashflow property, sub divisions, unit, duplex, townhouse, the list continues.

Phantom, Gockie and Jess Peletier like this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Welcome to the forums :)

It may pay to have a chat with a broker - often it’s your financial position that helps formulate a strategy rather than going the other way around.

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

First world problems! Plenty to choose from :)
    Welcome to the forum and the Central Coast.

4. njm83

njm83 New Member

Thanks, have had a look at your website (briefly, will look further) looks like a lot of information for me to look over.
    As I'm only new to the area I am researching a few of the suburbs and where best to buy, I'm more of a hands on investor at the moment, like to get in and tinker in my down time. would be interested to know if your aware of any properties available or coming available that require a hands on approach, be that reno, sub division, hoarders house.

5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard :)

Cheers

Jamie

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Sure I do - that's part of my job description as a buyers agent.

7. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Welcome to our forum @njm83. With clarity comes direction. This forum is a great resource which can help put you on your path. Read heaps and ask questions you may have. Happy investing. :)

8. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member