Professionals Methven Moorloolbark, Vic

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by MTR, 7th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just thought I would give a heads up on a recent bad experience with the above real estate agent in Melbourne, that I would never use again.

They were brilliant when it came to marketing and reeling me in, but that is where the service ends.
    I had continual issues with the re agent as he was not returning phone calls. He eventually advised me that I should text him, even texting there were issues.

During the sales campaign the re agent went on holiday and he had another re agent cover him for about 3 days, he never advised me that he was going on leave and of this arrangement. The relief re agent phoned me and advised me of this arrangement and a written offer for my property. I signed up the offer on the same day and faxed it over. This relief re agent was from a different franchise of this company and it was his client that purchased the property.

I was not advised by this relief re agent that they had also received a verbal offer, and the written offer came in the following day. Of course I had already signed up. I now know this was an inferior offer.

The only reason I found out about this second verbal/written offer was because Professionals Methven Moorloolbark accounting department accidently sent me a letter advising of a refund of deposit on the second offer.

I then spoke to the re agent asking why I was not advised about the second offer, he mentioned that it was an inferior offer and that the relief re agent should have told me about this verbal offer, of course not the case.

I have taken this up with the Director of the company who basically has told me that his sales staff are brilliant, and that they take no responsibility and they have done nothing wrong. They are stating the second offer came in writing the following day and I had already signed a sales contract.

Hope this makes sense, but something smells rotten here. Regardless of whether I was happy with the end result, protocol was not followed and it seems its their word against mine.

If this is how they treat clients, please beware, I don't want anyone to experience what I have experienced.

MTR:)

Elives and SOULFLY3 like this.
  2. MrFox

MrFox Well-Known Member

It sounds like they received the second offer after you accepted the first offer in which case they possibly did nothing wrong. If that would be the case, why take the deposit from the second buyer? Sounds bit dodgy.

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Exactly
    I was only told about the second offer after the event by accident

there was a vested interest, the re agent who replaced my re agent, the buyer was his client it was in his interest to secure the sale so he never advised me another offer was coming in so I would sign up, done deal

4. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I don't know the story fully but could be...

Purchaser spoke with the rea and said I will offer x or interested in putting in an offer but they cannot come into the office or was being difficult. So rea sent the CoS completed for them to sign and send back along with trust details for the bank, told them there was an offer and was being presented tonight so will need to know by 5:00pm (or any time) if they were submitting an offer. The REA called purchaser and nothing happened.

REA had the other offer with deposit so went to MTR and as not to confuse/complicate the situation didn't mention the second offer (as there wasn't an offer, up for debate as to how reasonable the offer was).

MTR signs the offer the rea presented as it was acceptable, the next day/s the purchaser deposits the money and sends back their offer. REA advises the property is sold and requests his accounts to refund the deposit.

There are many different ways this could of panned out but without all the information which pretty much the REA are the only ones that know the full story it is hard to get an accurate picture. If it was the above scenario then the rea probably didn't do anything wrong as there wasn't any offer from the second party and gave them plenty of time to respond.

kierank likes this.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Very dodgy, complain to REIV as the relief agent may have breached his fiduciary duty as well as breached beneficial interest disclosure rules

Perthguy likes this.
  6. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I have only ever been to Mooroolbark a couple of times.

I got the feeling that everyone there was dodgy :) :)

DaveM and Perthguy like this.
  7. Lemmy a fiver

Lemmy a fiver Well-Known Member

We always knew when out of towners like you visited,
    Because at the 3 consecutive roundabouts on top of each other at 5 Ways you would all $h!e yourself in panic trying to maneuver around & get us locals to scream WTF? whilst leaning on the horn.

kierank likes this.
  8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Hull Road? Don't know what you are talking about ;)

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37.7893479,145.3094666,199m/data=!3m1!1e3

Lemmy a fiver and kierank like this.
  9. Lemmy a fiver

Lemmy a fiver Well-Known Member

Thats the one,
    It can be a nightmare for tourists/out of towners who find themselves in the wrong lane to where they are headed & just drift across accordingly.
    I came through there once on the way home, traffic comes to a standstill in roundabout 2. I must of been 20 odd cars back but because of the incline could see a car facing the wrong way almost sideways.
    Grabbed the travel blanket & the first aid kit & ran forwards thinking it was an accident.
    Nope, just an old lady who lost her way & went around the 2nd one the wrong way then panicked & turned sideways when encountered with 2 oncoming lanes of traffic. Then She panicked & left the car in tears & fled to the footpath.
    So I found 20 odd people around her,
    About 1/2 were attempting to console her, the other 1/2 were rather abusive wanting the car moved (an old but in awesome condition yellow Dato 120Y).
    It was hilarious, those who were abusive that night wouldn't move it themselves....why?....because none of them could drive actually drive a manual car!
    "And you are all screaming at her that She can't drive a car" I laughed & yelled as I moved her car.
    I got a few finger gestures back,
    I think one wanted to order 2 pies, the majority only wanted one though.
    Good to see the locals are cutting down on junk food.

Perthguy likes this.