Problems with PM - just my luck again

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Cimbom, 25th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I am no longer in contact with the PM. They kept disputing the damage that we mentioned to cover their ass and did not see our perspective at all despite their very poor service being what caused the issues. I don't think they would agree to go to the tribunal as they only reluctantly paid the money to the tenants.

If the PM is the one who agreed to pay the money, shouldn't the dispute be against them if it wasn't received?

To make matters worse, the hearing is scheduled for the day we are flying to Melbourne (same time) and they are making me jump through hoops to change the date :rolleyes:

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The agent doesn't hold their funds on the trust account. They gave it to you.

I have followed this thread and I cant help but feel that the PM failed you through poor service and communication. Their poor attention to detail led to the issue of the oven but the tribunal wont accept it as a rental repair after the agent gave them a clean report when they left. They will argue you did that...ditto the HWS wasnt in the report. I would think the agent was hasty in letting the bond go and the exit report. I would just repay the former tenant and walk on.

3. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

What do you mean? We didn't receive any funds from the PM. She agreed to pay the amount owing direct to them in exchange for us ending this matter and not going to the tribunal. This went direct to the tenants - it didn't go into our account. She confirmed this in writing and provided a statement.

4. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Where did the funds come from? The trust fund, or did the PM's business pay?

5. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

From her business. Well she claimed she was paying (two weeks ago). I have emailed her again - the tenants claim they didn't receive anything :rolleyes:

6. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Anyone know how long the tribunal gives you to make the payment if they issue an order that you need to pay? I had a look on their website and couldn't find anything. Just for a standard order

7. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Lol, another bizarre chapter - apparently the PM told the tenants about our agreement and complained that it was "not fair" (is she 5? lol) but that she'd pay the money anyway. They told her not to bother paying and that they will proceed with the tribunal hearing.

Do you think she bothered to tell us that she was not going to make the payment? Seriously, it's like the tenants were paying her and not me. Unbelievable. I don't understand how some people stay in business :rolleyes:

Tom Rivera likes this.
  8. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Are they going to pay @Cimbom? Definitely complain about the agent to whoever the governing body is down here...

9. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm just going to pay to get it over with. I'd have to make a complaint agaiinst her with Fair Trading but I don't even know if I can be bothered dealing with her again. I'll probably post online reviews on a few websites

10. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

They should give you the money since you have an email saying they paid the tenant. I can understand you wanting it over but the agent truly sucks.

mikey7 likes this.
  11. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

@Cimbom Time to name and shame I think?

Invest_noob likes this.
  12. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Yes, just about to :p I didn't want to do this initially as I think I'm a pretty fair minded person. We had made what I thought was a reasonable agreement to finalise the situation only for me to be surprised later (as she couldn't spare the courtesy of a simple heads up email) with a tribunal notice. Due to the agreement I thought we had, I initially didn't want to name her as it could potentially impact her business but I think this is now warranted due to the long pattern of ongoing behaviour.

The agency is Pal Property Management (Nikoletta Pal). Thanks to everyone who replied or messaged me. I will make the payment to the tenants shortly and email the tribunal to notify them and then breathe a sigh of relief that this is all (hopefully) over!

Lil Skater, Kassy and Invest_noob like this.