Prince Harry is finally officially engaged

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by wylie, 27th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

geoffw likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Last edited: 3rd Dec, 2017
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Megxit. Yawn.

ellejay likes this.
  5. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Harryviderci

ellejay and geoffw like this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I reckon the royal bong will soon make a public appearance.

"Cough cough. Meags, its your turn to chop up"

7. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

You'd think the Canadians would have suffered enough pain recently, with the downing of the Ukrainian Airlines plane out of Tehran...

VB King and datto like this.
  8. geoffw

Perhaps this means that there will be another season of Suits after all?

9. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Whilst this is very amusing, even in comparison to a Cheech and Chong sketch, and, whilst I want to give it a Like because of said amusement, the lack of a Royal Chopper is both surprising, and somewhat unusually, distressing at the same time.

And this is in context with the above post, and not in any way a perception of views that one may or may not hold on anybody's consumption or non-consumption of any types of vegetable matter, the legality of which being, or not being, questionable.

10. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

am I the only one who things the whole Megan+Harry marriage onwards is as tacky as Keeping Up with the Kardashians???

11. geoffw

@TMNT You're not the only one. I mentioned Suits because it's the only thing which would impact me.

At the wedding, you could tell Meghan's friends because they were the ones in Suits.

TMNT likes this.
  12. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Last edited: 10th Jan, 2020
  13. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Until she started dating harry, i thought megan was fine, and possibly a future decent actress

But then i found out about the rest of her family

Ps. I didnt watch any of the wedding, nor have i watched any of last weeks incidents. Im surprised she doesnt have her own reality tv show

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Hmmm....a Royal Chopper... I think Philip might have been a chopper/choofer in his day.

Perhaps The Duke showed Harry his skills so that it became a DIY thing.

I can just picture it: " Now look Harry I'm only going to show you once, use sharp scissors, not too much spin and sit on the floor. If anyone suddenly opens the door, you just slide everything under the bed and next to those girlie magazines"

15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I mighty be the only one here ... but some of the comments on this thread confirm my thinking.

I don't blame them as all for stepping back. Harry is somewhat superfluous as there is the queen, Charles, William and now George as the main players ... but mainly Meghan has been on the receiving end of disgusting, vile, rampant racist attacks in the UK media ever since they started dating.

They obviously love each other, are good for each other, supportive and happy ... why do so many have to get in the gutter and try and tear them apart? Especially considering how they destroyed Diana, and she was the golden child who was aware of what it was to be royal-ish

Makes me sick

Air_Bender, KateSydney, Joynz and 2 others like this.
  16. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I have no issue with them stepping back, so long as they no longer expect British taxpayers to fund their lavish lifestyle.

But they have stated they expect to retain their funded “home” (recently renovated at taxpayer expense to their specifications) in the UK, and also the million dollar plus security bill which will increase as they move between countries.

It will be interesting to see if Prince Charles continues to fund them to the tune of $4m+ a year from his income (which will revert to William when Charles becomes king). Harry’s official allowance from the taxpayer, which he is generously saying he will give up, is less than 5% of his income.

Seems they want the best of both worlds - the lifestyle and privilege without any of the duty or obligations of the role.

I feel sorry for William and Charles and their families, coming on top of the additional work after the ousting of Andrew, Harry has chosen a difficult time to jump ship, let alone without any warning.

Zizi and MTR like this.
  17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I know, @Lizzie. The media are scum, but then so is their audience who buys the nonsense that is fed to them.

But remember these guys on PC love us to pieces and they are just stirring you.

wylie and Lizzie like this.
  18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I was surprised and disappointed that it hadn't been "pre" discussed with the queen ... I'm sure Harry will continue in some excellent and vital roles, such as invictus, but not the envelope opening marshalling stuff.

Before laying into Harry, gotta think about how little Margaret and Andrew did as second siblings but were still funded ... as were their children's less important children.

So how about the world gives them a break from the abuse and see how it pans out first

KateSydney, wylie and Angel like this.
  19. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I saw it (going on strike from being a royal) coming ages ago. Good on them, I say.

Lizzie likes this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Going to be a hard call?? security 24/7, tax payers will be footing this bill

Anyways, the kids are cashing in...

Harry and Meghan: Brand Sussex could make 'absolute fortune', experts say

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.