presented offer but real estate agent not presenting to vendor

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Ald, 29th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

All vendors have years of experience, being trained in sales techniques, negotiation, closing deals etc whereas agents are all Johnny-come-latelys who know nothing of marketing, reading buyers, trends, current market conditions and care only for their commission cheque.

The agent must have gone past each of the neighbours and brainwashed them too so they didn't recall your conversation with them either.

Most buyers make up their minds on the spot, have finance available and approved and will offer on the spot. Geez, they're even quicker when they are committing 10+ years of their income to a split second decision.

So selling below market is more cost effective?

Vendors have different motivations. For most, they simply do not have the time, skills or inclination to be intimately involved in the carriage of the sale of their property.

2. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Look selling a property is not rocket science ok.

Good properties sell themselves.

You are describing the situation for properties I consider rubbish investments.

If you have bought a property that requires an agent to sell it, you blew it already.

Everyone wants to be an investor, everyone thinks they are an investor, but there are only a few Warren Buffets That know what investing is.

The real estate agents are all the investment advisers and planners of the finance world, that regularily loose 80% of investors money on the stock exchange.

Most real estate agents don't even know what a good property is.

You describe things from the little league, and think you are playing pro.

Agents are a waste of time and money, focus on the property and you won't need an agent to negotiate for you.

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

PM me when you are looking at selling I will shout you a beer if you sold me a house for 20% what a potential market value is.

That is how decent of a guy I am...

4. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

I have a house for sale in Perth for you, the agent told me last year he could get $980k. Today it's worth $720k would you like to buy it?

5. Bill Brown

Bill Brown New Member

Must admit, the agents I struggled to buy property through were ones I had to chase up on my offers. Finding an agent with that type of experience is the hardest bit though. I always put a deadline on any offer and generally quote the address of another property i am also 'keen on'.

6. Big Will

Sorry you didn't quote me so I didn't see the response but 720 - 20% = 576k

MV is today's price so 720k not the 980k you were told 1 year ago.

Send me a PM of the address so I can make sure it is okay but if it actually is worth 720k, not what a REA says as they might be trying to buy listings. If it is true I will for sure buy it from you at 576k.

I'll await your PM...

Perthguy likes this.
  7. username

username Member

We've had a similar thing happen recently- House was listed for months at $575k with no offers. It's recently been "relisted" with an auction guide of $470-520k which seems to be much more reasonable. We offered $510k (as a pre-auction offer) and were told we need to go above auction range for them to even take it to the vendor (who is apparently super motivated?)

8. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Take my advice here anybody thinking about buying a property in the next 6 months.

Forget it, don't do it.

Don't go to home opens and for your children's sake don't buy.

There is a earthquake of economic change about to roll through the world.

If you must buy go seek the depressed markets of Perth and lowball the offers.

9. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Tell the real estate agent not to call you, tell them you know the vendor and will be contacting them yourself.

10. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Where I can I ignore the real estate agents and knock on the door.
    I don't give a damn about some privacy rubbish, but the agents are now threatening to sue vendors who even discuss anything with buyers.

Last week in Kahiba an agent told the vendor they will sue them for the extra money they may loose from not attaining the higher price, they felt they could get, because a mate of mine walked in and offered a fair price and something else the vendor found difficult to resist, the vendor did not know what to do as he had signed a agreement with them. In the end the agent had his way, the vendor got more money but the opportunity he lost will cost him so much more.

Read and understand the contracts you sign with these devils, they will minimise much of your opportunity and as soon as you sign with an agent in effect you have practically given away your house or your time or your money or your independence and freedom.

Quite frankly I don't know why anyone let's these devils into their houses and sign contracts with them.

There is zero benefit from using an agent. If you have an agent representing you, you blew it.

11. Ald

Ald Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes up. Why get coy on the higher price? Weren't you carrying on about how property on goes up or something to that effect?

If I told you that I think the property is worth $300k and no more because that's what economics state it should be at, would you prefer to bellieve the real estate agent. Why don't you bellieve him then when he says it's worth $920k and a brilliant investment.

Let me be clear a piece of ship property that was valued at an overpriced $290k in 2003 and is now valued at $800k because a collection of pinheads say it is, despite the property being older and more run down, doesn't mean it is.

In Perth there are less jobs now then there were in 2003, even probably less people, far more properties available and yet the price of property has not returned to those realities. Even record low interest rates can't stimulate buyers.

12. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Why then you insisting we should all buy up all of South Karrinyup you head case?

13. Big Will

So you aren't going to sell your property to me for 576k...

You are the one that is trying to push your agenda on what price should be and why I vendor should take it.

I tell you what sell me your house for 290k if you think that is what the market rate should be. I somehow doubt you will.

If you believe the market is that over priced nothing will sell so just wait and you will have a much wider selection and more desperate sellers.

PS good to see you worked out how to quote.

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

I think a similiar scenario is happening to me currently (agent not presenting offers to vendor) I believe as my offer is only 5-10k higher than the other offer the real estate agent isn't want to present it as they would be close to signing a deal and its only worth a couple $100 more to the agent, is there any way to check that offers are actually being presented?

15. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Put a copy of it in their mail box with a contact name and number and a brief note?